TPG Community

Get online support

Highly dissatisfied with TPG support and the company

jandostkhoso
Level 2

Hi

I am writing to express my highest dissatisfaction and disappointment with the level of support provided by TPG.

It is been 5 days since I logged a ticket with TPG and I have no proper support or ETA to resolve my case. I have been calling TPG every day without any success. The case is now with NBN but I am customer of TPG!!! NBN has not been able to provide ETA to fix the problem but I see this issue more as lack of willingness to solve my problem by TPG! I know it is NBN who has to fix the line, but NBN is not providing any ETA. Now, why should I care about NBN issues whereas my contract is directly by TPG? Why cannot TPG come with a proactive support so it’s customers don’t suffer?

My question to TPG is, if NBN does not resolve my problem for the next few days, does TPG expect me to only wait? Don't I have rights as your customer to have proper internet connection? Cannot TPG provide me with 4G modem so I can at least continue my work? Isn't this responsibility of TPG to care for its customers?

All I hear all the time is that "TPG is waiting for NBN"! Is there anything else TPG can do? If I need to wait and wait without any backup plans, why do I stay with TPG? What is so different in TPG if I need to wait anyways???

I have started to look in the market to switch and with your useless support it is better to go with other companies who care for customers.

I am logging my complaint here so other future customers get to know TPG and issues they will face by contracting with you. Your management should know about the low level service the team is providing!

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @jandostkhoso,

I can confirmed that the issue affecting the service is still ongoing and under investigation. I believe that one of our Engineerns has been in contact with you and provided the update on the escalated fault, Our Engineers are working around the clock with the help of NBN Co. to rectify the issue as quickly as possible they also arranged an Interim Service (Free SIM card) valid for 3 Months to compensate the issue. 

I don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you. Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case and updates will be provded by our Engineering Team via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Hi

I am writing to express my highest dissatisfaction and disappointment with the level of support provided by TPG.

It is been 5 days since I logged a ticket with TPG and I have no proper support or ETA to resolve my case. I have been calling TPG every day without any success. The case is now with NBN but I am customer of TPG!!! NBN has not been able to provide ETA to fix the problem but I see this issue more as lack of willingness to solve my problem by TPG! I know it is NBN who has to fix the line, but NBN is not providing any ETA. Now, why should I care about NBN issues whereas my contract is directly by TPG? Why cannot TPG come with a proactive support so it’s customers don’t suffer?

My question to TPG is, if NBN does not resolve my problem for the next few days, does TPG expect me to only wait? Don't I have rights as your customer to have proper internet connection? Cannot TPG provide me with 4G modem so I can at least continue my work? Isn't this responsibility of TPG to care for its customers?

All I hear all the time is that "TPG is waiting for NBN"! Is there anything else TPG can do? If I need to wait and wait without any backup plans, why do I stay with TPG? What is so different in TPG if I need to wait anyways???

I have started to look in the market to switch and with your useless support it is better to go with other companies who care for customers.

I am logging my complaint here so other future customers get to know TPG and issues they will face by contracting with you. Your management should know about the low level service the team is providing!

jandostkhoso
Level 2
Hello Shane

Thank you for the response. I do appreciate your response.

The problem I have got with TPG is its lack of respect for its customers. To put things in perspective, I have been calling TPG every day and nobody bothers to contact me for updates. The bigger issue for me is: This morning I was told by the support engineer that a SIM card request is sent for approval which will take a working day to be approved. Once approved, it will be sent within 2 working days. I called the support again at 6:30 pm, and the support engineer informed me that the SIM is not yet approved! (The escalated case is pending for approval since morning and it will be approved after 48 hours!!!). Given that tomorrow is holiday, the approval will be on Thursday, dispatch will be on Friday and I will receive the SIM by next Tuesday in the best case!!! Isn’t that funny that I opened a ticket last Wednesday and I will receive a SIM for 3 months next Wednesday? (16 days out of which TPG knew for 13 days the case requires big infrastructure work). TPG is aware of the extent of the problem and only dispatches me a SIM after 7 days (11 calls to the support, 2 emails to the customer service and 2 posts to this community forum - and this is still counting!!!!)

All my work is dependent on the internet; our offices are closed due to Covid! So far I have spend $60 for data package and I will need to spend another $60 for the next few days!

The only thing I can say at this moment is I am too frustrated to even think about this case anymore! I have made my mind to switch and after my next billing cycle I will clear my accounts with TPG and will never ever look at this company. I am happy that this incident happened so I got to see whom I am dealing with.

If TPG really cares about its customers, it must be shown in actions and not only in advertisement or by saying in words!
Shane

We understand how much your service means to you, this fault is now being prioriitized by our Engineering Team, we will relay this with them for additional reference on the ongoing investigation. Expect an SMS or Phone call once new update becomes available.

Regards,

Hello Shane

Thank you for the response. I do appreciate your response.

The problem I have got with TPG is its lack of respect for its customers. To put things in perspective, I have been calling TPG every day and nobody bothers to contact me for updates. The bigger issue for me is: This morning I was told by the support engineer that a SIM card request is sent for approval which will take a working day to be approved. Once approved, it will be sent within 2 working days. I called the support again at 6:30 pm, and the support engineer informed me that the SIM is not yet approved! (The escalated case is pending for approval since morning and it will be approved after 48 hours!!!). Given that tomorrow is holiday, the approval will be on Thursday, dispatch will be on Friday and I will receive the SIM by next Tuesday in the best case!!! Isn’t that funny that I opened a ticket last Wednesday and I will receive a SIM for 3 months next Wednesday? (16 days out of which TPG knew for 13 days the case requires big infrastructure work). TPG is aware of the extent of the problem and only dispatches me a SIM after 7 days (11 calls to the support, 2 emails to the customer service and 2 posts to this community forum - and this is still counting!!!!)

All my work is dependent on the internet; our offices are closed due to Covid! So far I have spend $60 for data package and I will need to spend another $60 for the next few days!

The only thing I can say at this moment is I am too frustrated to even think about this case anymore! I have made my mind to switch and after my next billing cycle I will clear my accounts with TPG and will never ever look at this company. I am happy that this incident happened so I got to see whom I am dealing with.

If TPG really cares about its customers, it must be shown in actions and not only in advertisement or by saying in words!