TPG Community

Get online support

How many technicians does it take to do an Installation...so far 3 and counting.

villafan57
Level 2

Cut and pasted from my google review..per your request I have posted it here.  My username is the same as listed here.

I am (now I am beginning to think unfortunately) a new TPG customer. The installation was supposed to happen today. Got an SMS saying it's active....connected it all up...no wan light. Rang support was told someone would call me back......5 hours later I send an email to which I got an SMS stating it was the "NBN's" fault and it would take 24-48 hours to fix....then I got a call stating they are working on it (well they aren't it's 5:28pm they have gone home" I advised that I work from home using the internet so I needed it connected ASAP as I don't get paid if I don't work. I stated I can't lose pay and also that I wasn't going to pay for the service when it wasn't active. Considering they bill you for the month ahead of time I will be expecting a credit. Then I got an email stating "Congratulation your internet and phone are connected, go surf the internet" Went and looked at the modem....still no WAN lights, still not connected. Around 8pm I get an SMS with a booking for a tech to install the NBN on Monday between 1-5pm....that's 4 days loss of pay for me. I read the reviews and was hesitant but all these internet service providers have multiple complaints and TPG offered the bundle which suited us the most. Anyway, I will see what happens Monday. I expect a credit for these days of non use and hope that Monday I am connected as I really can't afford to lose more pay. Addendum: Monday came and went with the NBN technician claiming it is the modem which is not workimg.  Told to ring TPG  TPG tech says he will get NBN guy, told him the NBN guy was just here and he said it's the modem. . TPG technician states it's the phone line. Yes another appointment booked for tomorrow. Hopefully it will be fixed then.  So we have had no internet or phone line for a week now.  I've burnt through my phone credit twice and I have a feeling that tomorrow the same NBN tech will come, tell me yet again it's the modem and then (because I am in a regional area) it will be next week before we get another modem to try.  The NBN guy did say he doesn't know why TPG keep sending customers the "old modem" as it's been know to have issues with dropouts etc.  I am kinda wishing we had just stuck with our ADSL and waited until we were forced to change.

Also when does the cooling off period start?  Surely not before you have the service? I am very disappointed with TPG and I even asked about the bad reviews and the sales guy said "all ISPs have them but I can assure you...." So I am sure I will be posting here again tomorrow giving an update as to why it's not working this time....in the meantime the tech disconnected the phone in the bedroom and advised us if we wanted a phone line in there we would have to get an electrician to rewire (something that wasn't mentioned to us when we went ahead with TPG.  

5 REPLIES 5
villafan57
Level 2

One other question I have asked 3 times is confirmation that the phone number will be an unlisted silent number.  I was told that this was a free service and would be done as the phone is ported as I don't want the number given out via directory assistance

villafan57
Level 2

OK we are offically 50% there......the internet is now working but the phone line is not.  We get a dial tone and you can dial the number but we just get a high pitched hum after a few seconds

Shane

@villafan57 wrote:

One other question I have asked 3 times is confirmation that the phone number will be an unlisted silent number.  I was told that this was a free service and would be done as the phone is ported as I don't want the number given out via directory assistance

Hi @villafan57,

I went ahead and check the case progress and I can see that your internet is now working connected for 2h 22m.

Your home phone number porting has been completed and it is not listed to Directory Assistance.

I'd like to know on where your telephone handset is connected?

Using the Digital Voice

1. Plug home phone directly into Phone 1 port at the back of your Huawei supplied router and not into the phone socket in the wall.

FTTN 8.png

In case you need to see the full article you can visit NBN FTTN/FTTB Setup - General Setup

Regards,

Tahnee123
Level 3
We have had nbn with tpg for 6 weeks
So far 6 techs have attended site and still no internet!! Do not use tpg cancel if you can
BasilDV

Hi @Tahnee123,

thanks for your comment, we’ve already been speaking with you on another thread [https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/NBN-Installation/Tpg-will-do-nothing-but-stuff-you-around/m-p/6093#M...] – let’s keep the conversation under the same thread so we can best assist you.

Kind regards,