TPG Community

Get online support

I ported to TPG but am still getting billed by Telstra

dshobbin
Level 3

Hi,

I got billed today by Telstra for my ADSL2 and home phone for  a full month, yet had ported to TPG mid month.  I spent the next 30 minutes dealing with that with Telstra.

Telstra had to cancel my ADSL2+ as it was still active.  TPG did not port me over to NBN correctly. They did not notify Telstra to cancel the ADSL2+.

Telstra will bill me the full monthly amount as the porting is the responsibility of TPG.

I asked Telstra if I needed to chase the credit with TPG, which they confirmed - "yes correct because they are the one who handled the porting out. All we need to is to keep the service active until the time it is activated on their end. " So it seems when switching from Telstra ADSL2+ to TPG NBN, TPG didn't cancel the ADSL2+ service. 

So I'm not sure why I am now paying 2 bills and had to chase down my own serrvice cancellation as aprt of the porting process.

2 REPLIES 2
Riezl

Hi @dshobbin,

For new services, we recommend customers to check first if their service has been installed and activated.

We have created this community article, which contains a video on How to track your TPG service installation

We also send an email notification once the service is activated.

If you have requested to port your old number to TPG, the porting normally takes 1-5 working days from the date the service was activated and you are required to keep the phone number active with your old provider until the porting is completed.

We do not have the authority to cancel your old service, thus you will need to contact your old provider to request this once the phone number is ported.

D_Hasselhof
Level 2

Unfortunately you will need to cancel your account will Telstra, Telstra will never updated you once you're ported over and TPG on the other hand will have no idea what’s going on with your previous provider.

The only important thing is to keep you Telstra phone number active during the porting process, this will allow TPG to port it over from Telstra. Cancelling the Telstra account must be done once porting is complete to avoid unecessary billing. Hope this helps Smiley Happy