Installation time

Kdubbs
Level 2
Is 10 weeks the normal length of time to wait from signing up to a technician arriving to connect wires?
4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @Kdubbs ,

Normal installation for TPG FTTb takes approximately 10 working days however in some cases can take up to 20 working days. Whilethe Installation of NBN service generally takes less than 10 business days but can take longer in some cases, depending on the demand of NBN services in your area and the availability of the NBN technician to perform the installation.

We'd love to help see the progress of your service installation, top better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

Ross_0303
Level 3

KDUBBS based on my experience yes

Kdubbs
Level 2
Thanks. It’s not a new connection or estate. But TPG advised it’s because they need to climb in the roof to connect wires and then put a wall connection in. Being in the city apparently slows things down. Demand outweighs supply of technicians
Shane

I was able to locate the account using your community details and I can see that we received your application last Wednesday, 20th of January. No updates yet is available for the schedule of the installation, it will be send via email to the associated e-mail address on file. You may also  track the installation by visiting this link, https://www.tpg.com.au/support/trackmyorder. Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Thanks. It’s not a new connection or estate. But TPG advised it’s because they need to climb in the roof to connect wires and then put a wall connection in. Being in the city apparently slows things down. Demand outweighs supply of technicians