TPG Community

Get online support

Installation visit date please

johnmarsden
Level 2

I have tried to contact TPG unsuccessfully for well over a week now (cannot get through on any of the online Chat lines or the phone) regarding having a techncian visit to install my NBN equipment which I have received. This is what I was promised when I signed up for the service. I am an exisitng ADSL customer so can someone please come back to me asap. 

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

NBN types FTTB, FTTC and FTTN use the telephone wiring in your house to connect out. These are able to be connected up by you. FTTP and HFC require extra work by NBN to run a special cable to inside your house. But once that's done, you can also connect these yourself. There may still be work to be done in the network even though you have the equipment.

TPG is supposed to send you a message saying that you can connect the new equipment and also instructions on how to connect it.

If the ADSL is still working, keep going with it.

johnmarsden
Level 2

I think I will keep going with ADSL as you say for now - other colleagues know who are with TPG and FTTC had equipment delivered then a dedicated techincian visit to install to ensure it is all ok. The install status page when I log in says "installation is progressing" so does that mean the line is still not established by NBN? I find this confusing when I'm also being told by TPG via separate text to plug in the equipment? 

I would assume if you try to connect NBN equipment and something doesn't work, you would not be able to plug back current ADSL setup?

david64
Level 15

Plug the NBN box into the wall socket and the wifi router into the nbn box. Check the lights.

NBN box should have 4 blue lights. If one or both of the two middle lights are not on, there's a problem in the network. If they are all on, check the lights on the router.

Power will be on. Next 2 lights need to be on to get connected to internet.

If 2nd light (DSL) flashes, it's not getting through to other end.

If it's not working, reply to the message.

Reconnect your ADSL for the time being. 

johnmarsden
Level 2
I have connected the nbn box and modem and seems like it’s trying to configure but even after 30 mins the two middle lights keep flashing blue at different times (sometimes simultaneously) and no LAN blue light has shown yet? Checked all connections and modem is powered up so confident everything is connected correctly between nbn box and modem.