TPG Community

Get online support

Issue with new FTTC connection

ymliang6
Level 2

Recently switched from ADSL to NBN,  Issue with new FTTC connection. Received new NCD and modem from TPG and plugged in as per instructions. Get solid blue light for power and connection lights but no DSL or LAN lights. Tried replugging the wall socket line and the DSL lights went on flicking a few times then stopped again. I've checked my installation status for the past few days but its been in progress the whole time. Keeps receiving messages from TPG telling me to activate my NBN by following the link provided, however with the installation status showing its still in progress im not sure if that's the reason why its my NBN is not connected even though I've tried the instructions provided. im leaving both my modem and connection box on at the moment as we speak. 

4 REPLIES 4
Will

Hi @ymliang6

Welcome to the Community!

Using your community details, I pulled up your TPG account. Your current NBN order is still pending because NBNCo still hasn't detected the NBN connection box and the modem. The system of NBNCo performs an auto-detection every 4AM, 10AM, 4PM and 10PM daily. Once the system detects your devices, the order will progress to completed status.

It tried to manually initiate the device detection of NBNCo but we're getting a failing result. Instead, we're able to detect your ADSL modem which is currently working.

I have raised a request for one of the Provisioning Case Managers to contact you regarding this case. They will then ask you to connect both the NBN box and the modem so that they can perform the tests while the devices are connected. Please expect the call before 5:30PM VIC today on the mobile number we have on file.

Regards,

Will

Hi @ymliang6

A Provisioning Case Manager tried to call you earlier but they were not able to contact you. Please let us know when you would be available for a call back so we can have it arranged at your preferred time. Should you need to provide a different contact number, please send me a PM. For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

ymliang6
Level 2

Hi,

My apology for missing the phone call earlier, just pm'd you regarding about this matter. Thank you

Will

Hi @ymliang6

Thank  you for the additional information you have provided via PM.

I ran a test again now that you mentioned that you reconnected the NBN connection box and modem. Unfortunately, the test result is still failing.

I will have our Provisioning Team contact you after 3PM VIC today so that they can discuss how to progress your NBN order.

Regards,