TPG Community

Get online support

Liberty Grove (NSW) - NBN technician visit required or not?

SOLVED Go to solution
hubertlam
Level 2

Hi all,

We're in Liberty Grove NSW, just south of Rhodes and we've now received our FTTC NCD and new router.

Personally, I'm more than proficient at setting the equipment up inside the home, but is an onsite visit by the technician required to finalise the installation to disconnect/reconnect wires outside my home in the pit?

TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hubertlam
Level 2

OK - seems to be fixed now. Had to manually enter my TPG username and password into the router's EWAN setup! Smiley Sad (Didn't have to do that for my sister's FTTC connection - also with TPG)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
David_M

Hi @hubertlam 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @hubertlam 

I can see your NBN-FTTC application is progressing.

It has not yet been generated with NBN quite yet so it is not in their systems.

It can take between 2-30 days to get an NBN connection.

https://www.tpg.com.au/support/trackmyorder

You may check the setup guide that we've created for NBN-FTTC here.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/NBN-Fibre-to-the-Curb-FTTC-Setup-Guide/m-p/7856#M...

FTTC can go 2x ways.

1) If the NBN infrastructure in the street has been installed correctly, when NBN notify us the migration is ready to activate, you setup all your FTTC equipment sent to you correctly and the connection should happen automatically. If you are moving from ADSL, it should also happen automatically.

This is without any NBN or TPG tech visits.

2) If the NBN network is not installed, or there is an issue with it, or the migration doesnt happen automatically and with some remote assistance, then a Tech from NBN will be required.

It is too early to know.

Thanks,

hubertlam
Level 2
Thanks David.

TPG tried to call me today but I couldn't speak on the phone, and now there's a 50 min delay - would you be able to help me find out what it's about?
Shane

Hi @hubertlam,

Based on the latest update, there has been an issue with the progress of NBN installation. Please confirm your best contact number and preferred time, we'll have one of our Provisioning Case Manager contact you to discuss further details. 

You may the details via PM. 

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers! 

Thanks David.

TPG tried to call me today but I couldn't speak on the phone, and now there's a 50 min delay - would you be able to help me find out what it's about?
hubertlam
Level 2

Everything has now been plugged in, and the Internet light on the TP-Link router is now on, but unfortunately the web browser is redirected to device.provisioning.isp with this notice, well after the 30 min has elapsed:

image.png

hubertlam
Level 2

OK - seems to be fixed now. Had to manually enter my TPG username and password into the router's EWAN setup! Smiley Sad (Didn't have to do that for my sister's FTTC connection - also with TPG)