Modem activation

aerothix200
Level 2
After finally receiving my nbn box and again not being sent my TPG modem I have opted to use a friend's old modem for the time being, after calling tech support I was told that it would be 24-48 hours until they can activate the modem I have plugged in on their side, I thought it would have been as simple as me logging onto the modems i.p address and tweaking a few settings, does this sound right or do I actually have to wait for tpg to do it themself ?
5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @aerothix200 

Thanks for raising this to us, I was able to locate the account and confirm that the NBN box and the modem/router has been shipped separately and both has been delivered.

I sent you a private message for the consignment number.

What brand and model number of modem you're trying to use for the service? You may visit this thread on how to use a 3rd party router.

Alternate router to use on HFC 

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

aerothix200
Level 2
The brand is vodafone, it is a vodafone wifi hub. I have confirmed with vodafone that it is unlocked and should be usable with any network, the model number is DMA0120VHA
Riezl

Thanks. You need to configure the settings of this modem in order for it to connect to the TPG server. You may refer to this link for the required information: https://www.tpg.com.au/support/nbn/generalsetting

Let us know should you need further assistance. 

aerothix200
Level 2
Yeah I thought that was the case, the lady on the phone had just said I would have to wait and tpg would do it on their end, but I figured I would have to manually do it myself, cheers
Riezl

You're correct. You need to manually configure your own equipment. Though the TPG supplied one is already pre-configured.