TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Activation Not Happening

SOLVED Go to solution
zengnan119
Level 3

Nov., 7

Day: 20

Both upstream and downstreat are flashing. Online light is off.

BasilDV

Hi @zengnan119,

Thanks for getting in touch. I checked the account and seen that the activation is still in progress. I'll chase this up with our service delivery team and have someone to call you within the day.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Hi @zengnan119,

Our service delivery team was trying to contact you yesterday, but you were unreachable. They've raised a ticket to NBN for the remote activation of the account and we were given a 2 business day time frame for the update. Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

BasilDV

Hi @zengnan119,

I do understand that your case manager has been in touch and explained that the NBN Co has a failing test result on the network which caused the issue. They've escalated the case to their higher management and updates will be given within 1 business day. Once an update has been received, your case manager will contact you.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Cheers!

zengnan119
Level 3

Thank you for the heads up. 

zengnan119
Level 3

Nov., 13

Day 27

Downstream light: flashing

Upstream light: flashing

Online light: off.

BasilDV

Hi @zengnan119,

I've sent a follow up with our Service devlivery team and have someone to call you within the day.

Cheers!

zengnan119
Level 3

The case manager called me. However, there is no solution.  The only update is that TPG is still waiting for an update from NBN.  I just don't understand since NBN failed in remote activation several times, why not simply asking a technician to go to the site to have a look.  It's already known that remote activiation does not work. 

My point is that if you know this is a no through road, why still go ahead? Customer has been waiting for a month now.

BasilDV

Hi @zengnan119,

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. I'm afraid that our TPG technicians are not trained to activate nor allowed to do any job on the Fibre line as it is owned by NBN Co.

Your NBN HFC activation was already escalated to the NBN Activations higher management team and we are still waiting for their update. Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

wholani18
Level 2
Hi @zengnan119

Has the issue been resolved? I’m currently at two weeks with the exact same issue. Downstream and upstream lights are flashing and only answers I’m getting is “waiting for NBN Co”.