TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Cancelled on me TWICE without any reason

xinweil
Level 2

I have recently put in applications for two new connections (16/04/2021). The initial scheduled appointment showed a connection date of the 5th and 6th of May. Someone from nbn did show up on the 5th but failed to connect with reasons that it was the civil team's job and not his job. So he left, and the appointment on the 6th of May was cancelled for no reason and I took time off work to wait for nothing. 

The appointment was later rescheduled to the 8th of May through just a text message. Again, no one showed up. I have been so frustrated and sick of this situation, calling tpg doesn't give me any solution, I can no longer work from home and my mobile data is no longer sufficient for my daily use. 

They've mentioned nbn capacity issue, which was not good enough since appointments were made twice and without any notification, they cancelled the appointments. I called to find out why and all they said was that they needed more update from NBN Co. This happened across 5 working days (three more days than they promised to get back to me for). To top it off, they provided no reasoning for the cancellation, yet they have rescheduled me to 11/06/2021. More than one month away from the initial promised date. SUCH disappointed news, bad service from TPG and NBN Co.

TPG also promised me a sim since last week and it's forever IN PROGRESS. 

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @xinweil,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd like to take this opportunity to turn around your experience and get to the bottom of this. To better understand the situation and progress of service installation please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I have recently put in applications for two new connections (16/04/2021). The initial scheduled appointment showed a connection date of the 5th and 6th of May. Someone from nbn did show up on the 5th but failed to connect with reasons that it was the civil team's job and not his job. So he left, and the appointment on the 6th of May was cancelled for no reason and I took time off work to wait for nothing. 

The appointment was later rescheduled to the 8th of May through just a text message. Again, no one showed up. I have been so frustrated and sick of this situation, calling tpg doesn't give me any solution, I can no longer work from home and my mobile data is no longer sufficient for my daily use. 

They've mentioned nbn capacity issue, which was not good enough since appointments were made twice and without any notification, they cancelled the appointments. I called to find out why and all they said was that they needed more update from NBN Co. This happened across 5 working days (three more days than they promised to get back to me for). To top it off, they provided no reasoning for the cancellation, yet they have rescheduled me to 11/06/2021. More than one month away from the initial promised date. SUCH disappointed news, bad service from TPG and NBN Co.

TPG also promised me a sim since last week and it's forever IN PROGRESS. 

Shane

Hi @xinweil ,

Thanks for sending your details. I was able to locate the account and confirmed that there is a provisioning issue, causing a delay in activating your service on the NBN service management end. This has been escalated to NBNCo by the help our our NBN Provosioning Team. 

The rescheduled date is provided to us by our wholesale partner NBN. Our Provisionign Team is demanding to NBNCo. to get the an earlier schedule to complete the installation, however, we cannot guarantee this as we work with our suppliers to provide this particular service, which means we are reliant on their scheduling.

I can also see that one of our Provisioning Case Manager contacted you earlier this week, Tuesday 11th of May and discussed details of alternative service while waiting for the completion of the service.  I don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you.

Your experience is important to us and we raise this to our Provisioning Team for additional reference on the ongoing  assessment expect updates via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available.

We apologise for any inconvenience.