TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC External Network Shortfall

lordkill65
Level 2

Hello guys this is my first post here and unfortunately is not a positive one !! , I am in the middle between TPG and NBN TPG says it's the fault of NBN and it seems he does not care much about solving the problem.

Let me tell you my story so you can see that I do not exaggerating.

soo some time ago 17th of October 2018  was my first try to have NBN  HFC    the the technician installed all the cables inside my house and when he went to test the power of the signal he realized that there was a problem from outside in the pit was miss a coaxial cable and a tap    have to run   a cable from  the next pit about 40 meters in a straight line (pipes and everything installed including other cables already passing) he couldn't finish his job and had to leave say that NBN will have to this fix like in a week... sooo from here it's that everything went wrong.  never hear anything else about that until  the 14th of June  2019. yep that is right 9 months give or take. a new Tech for NBN came to finally connect me to NBN But surprises  the coaxial cable and the tap on the pit are missing this time I really  complaint with the tech and  he told me that him  can see in a system that says that the work was done but obviously it is not the case in this opportunity another complaint was created. a week later I got a call from TPG say that mycase was assigned to a case manager and the tap will be install on the 11th of july 2019 I already waited 10 months so ok BUT  guess what  on the 1st of july 2019 my case manager call me to inform me that Possible installation  was move to date is February 2020 8 months…

Let's make something clear 2 NBN technician has passed through my house and the two agree that the work  doesn’t require more than 2 days but NBN change from 3 week to 8 months at this point I tell TPG what are you doing to appeal this decision and complaint to NBN that 8 months for the resolution of this is ridiculous and everything I hear on the phone is a great silence and then “that is the decision that NBN put in  note of the case”  . NBN practically does not want to do the work and TPG does not appeal or complain about this ridicule time frame. all I got from TPG is that there they do what NBN says but let me ask something.  do I paid a services to NBN or to TPG ??  I NOT  NBN customer .

I can’t  believe that TPG can’t argument a  to nbn this and   follow my case and push for a quick resolution to NBN .

lordkill65

6 REPLIES 6
Will

Hi @lordkill65,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us.  We are sorry to hear that you have had a less than favorable installation experience. Using your community details to pull up your account, I took the liberty to review your order history to understand the delay of the installation of your NBN service.

From what I gathered, you placed a pre-order for NBN service with us on April 29, 2019. At that time, your address was expected to be serviceable for NBN by April 26.

Unfortunately, there's a delay in the roll out of NBN in your area and your address became serviceable by May 31. We then placed your NBN order in the system of NBNCo on that same date.

You were provided an installation date of June 14 between 8AM - 12NN. Unfortunately the installation was tagged as incomplete because the NBN technician was unable to locate the Pit or is Missing underground Tap.

On the same date (June 14), NBNCo placed the order in Held status since remediation works are required. They advised that they will validate the claims provided by the technician and will provide a Planned Remediation Date (PRD).

By June 19, NBNCo provided a PRD of July 11, 2019.

On June 24, NBNCo changed the PRD to February 28, 2020.

Our Provisioning Team has questioned the validity of the latest PRD twice. Two tickets have been raised to NBNCo (first is on June 25 and the latter was on July 3). However, NBNCo has confirmed that the PRD (February 28, 2020) is valid. The explanation provided in both accounts is that the PRD is based on requirement assessment (i.e. resources such as materials, technician capacity, etc) conducted by their field technicians to complete the work. The PRD is of course subject to change. And once the Remediation works are completed, there may be another appointment for the actual completion of the installation.

In as much as we'd like to provide you NBN service the soonest possible time, the reason for the delay is due to an outside infrastructure that only NBNCo can resolve.

Should there be any changes to the PRD, you will be notified by your Case Manager. At the moment, though, your ADSL service should continue to work.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Regards,

lordkill65
Level 2

Hi  @Will  thanks for reviewing my case my question is now what is the next  step that TPG is taking to scale this with a higher complaint department  in NBN because right now doesn’t sound like TPG is doing something else. As your say from the PRD to 11 July 2019 change to  PRD 28 February 2020 This is  an unreasonable period of time for this work about 8 months waiting  for approximately 40 meters of lead-in conduit from one pit to the next  pit and a install a tap (pipes and everything are already in place  including other cables already passing between the two pit). And I’m more the happy that attached actually picture of the pits and the work that have to been done. The NBN technician has passed through my house and agreed that the work doesn’t require more than 2 days. 8 months of waiting is not acceptable or reasonable time to complete an installation that even NBN certified technicians agree that it should not be more than a week of work.

You say “that based on requirement assessment from NBN (i.e. resources such as materials, technician capacity, etc) conducted by their field technicians to complete the work”.  Can I have a copy of this requirement assessment? because I would like to see this ! also is TPG on this case  that I have complaint several time already is doing the own assessment by TPG filed technicians?    I really don’t believe that there is no coaxial cable or tap in Australia or the need of super technician  to have this job don’t in less of 8 moths.

TPG need to stop saying it's the fault of NBN and there’s nothing we can do because. I have to remember to yours gus that I'm not a NBN customer ,I’m a TPG customer.

Please on my account you can send my email address  an other details I will like to have a copy for the NBN requirement assessment  and also the two  tickets that the PTG Provisioning Team has questioned the validity of the latest PRD. As I mentioned I can send you guys all the information to the job that need to be done as well.

Lordkill65

Will

Hi @lordkill65,

We will be coordinating this with the Case Manager to assist you with your specific requests. We'll have our Provisioning Team contact you tomorrow between 10AM-11AM SA to discuss this further.

Regards,

lordkill65
Level 2

HI @Will,

On Friday 5/7/2019 I received a call from a senior case manager indicating that TPG made the claim to NBN about my case and that it waits 48 hours for the answer. However,  the 48 hours are gone and I have not heard anything about it from TPG.  I am also still waiting for the copies of the TPG to NBN claims and the NBN response to TPG that explain why   I have to wait 8 months or more for the installation of 40 meters cable.   Honestly it's not getting anywhere at the moment!!. If the house is no ready yet   why is it on their rollout map as having HFC available?  Should I raise this to the TIO? 

I want a concrete answer, regarding this I will no seat and wait 8 moths and most like will not be ready still.

One more thing every time someone in TPG answers me, and tells me that I still have ADSL2.  I want them to tell me with 5mbps ( 0.625 MB/s) down and 0.5 mbps (0.125 MB/s)UP speed what I can do? This is no too far from dial-up speeds. Yes sure I can watch a video in 360P and read plaint txt mail on one device at the time but forget about it to do the same on two devices at the same time Considering that we are in 2019 the base speed connection should be more than enough to enjoy Iot and if you are not familiar with that terminology. Check this link https://www.highspeedinternet.com/resources/speed-need-internet-things.  Especially take attention at the end of the page were says “SPEED” and take in consideration that this articles is from 2016. So stop tell people that 5mbps down and 0.5 mbps is a good conexion.

Riezl

We'll chase the matter with our Provisioning Team and will have the case manager contact you within the day to discuss the matter, @lordkill65.

Will

Hi @lordkill65,

Our records show that your Case Manager has already contacted you earlier. It was discussed with you that the delay with the remediation is due to an issue with the Service Area Module (SAM). In addition, NBNCo is firm with the current PRD of February 28, 2020. Your Case Manager has already sent you an email containing the response of NBNCo explaining the reason for the delay.

Feel free to drop by if you have other concerns.

Regards,