TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Installation and NBN Connection Box

robertvergouw
Level 2

Hi All,

I'm due to have NBN installed at my new place and am unsure if their should be a NBN Connection Box already in the palce or if a NBN technician will need to ocme and install one as part of the TPG arrangement?

Any inisght into my place's previous NBN status would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob

11 REPLIES 11
RajenS

@robertvergouw 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so i can look at your service\.

kind regards

robertvergouw
Level 2

Thanks @RajenS I have PM'd you with the details. Cheers. 

RajenS

Hi@robertvergouw 

I checked your details with NBN.
There must be an existing NBN box ( Black ARRIS BOX),
you are good to go online now.

Thanks
Rajen

robertvergouw
Level 2

Hi Rajen,

Thank-you. What do we do if there is no box? We think the former tenant has taken it with them. Can we purchase/order another one from TPG? 

Thank-you!

RajenS

@robertvergouw 

NTD is property of NBN, and it's serial number and mac adress assing the adress, if it doesn't match, you won't be able to go online,
I will highly recommend tracing the old tenants, if it's not possible, we have to lodged to the NBN, but its all take processing time

Thanks
Rajen

robertvergouw
Level 2

Ok, that's good to know! Thanks for the advice. 

robertvergouw
Level 2

Hi @RajenS 

We have consulted with the NBN. Their advice is as follows... 

If you're moving into a premises that's connected to the nbn access network and you discover the nbn supplied equipment has been removed, the next step will be for you to speak directly to your phone or internet provider. 

We have also consulted the previous tenants who advised the box belongs to them and it was something they purchased. They are not returning it to the premises 

What do we do now? We shouldn't have to pay for a service that we are unable to use simply because we don't have the box and in addition we are paying for additional mobile data to get us through while this is resolved. 

What are the current wait times to have this issue considered? 

Many thanks,

robertvergouw
Level 2

Hi,

Could we please get an update on how we can order a new NBN connection box?

We are unable to access the internet your are providing untill the installation is completed. We will not be paying for the period where the internet was not installed and provided.

Regards,

Rob

RajenS

@robertvergouw 

Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service. And I will arrange your case manager to call you ASAP,

Thanks 

Rajen