TPG Community

Get online support

NBN activation confusion

dove0007
Level 2

I received consecutively two reminder messages saying that my NBN service is waiting to be activated and I need to plug in my device. But when I did that the NCD couldn't be connected (I had waited over 30min and still couldn't get the solid blue connection light). 

In the installation guide it says I need to receive a confirmation message that my NBN service is ready before I set up my device. 

So it looks like there are two conflicting pieces of information - is there a real problem with my connection 
(if I am the one to activate the service) or should I wait for the 'Ready' message from TPG before I plug in my device? Or should I leave my device connected for a day or two for the service to be activated sometime during the period?

Can someone share a solution please?

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @dove0007, we have located the account using your community details. 

For new services, we recommend customers to check if their service has been installed and activated.

We have created this community article, which contains a video on How to track your TPG service installation

We also send an email notification once the service is activated.

If you have received this email and the service is still not working, we recommend to check if the equipment is properly set up and we have created setup guides for all technologies that TPG use : New Connection Setup Help

In your case, we have raised the issue to our Provisioning Team for further checking and a Case Manager will contact you to address the matter. Kindly await a call within the day.