NBN activation

SOLVED Go to solution
wchow
Level 2

I have received sms to say my NBN service is awaiting activation and i am required to connect my NBN modem. so i connected the NBN modem and network connection device. The instructions tell me i have to get blue lights on the NCD but i got a red light on the connection icon. Can someone tell me, who needs to activate NBN? Is it something i have to do or wait for TPG? if the latter, why ask me to connect NBN modem when not activated?? i called TPG and someone transferred me to the installation team and i went on to wait nearly 30 minutes after which i gave up. Greatly appreciate if someone can help clarify what i need to be doing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @wchow,

Thanks for getting back to us. We're able to check the case progress of your service installation. It shows that there has been a problem activating your NBN service and our provisioning team raised this to NBN Co. and they arranged a Technician appointment to check your NBN service.

Installation date: 13-09-2019
Installation time frame: Between 08:00 and 12:00

At the moment we recommend to connect your ADSL2+ modem/route while waiting the completion of your NBN service. Further updates will be provided by our NBN Provisioning Team when it's available via SMS, Email or phone call.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @wchow ,

Welcome to the community!

We're able to locate your account using your community details and ran an initial test to your newly installed NBN service. The test result shows a possible connection problem indicating that the equipment/NBN box is not properlly installed.

Please post a photo of the current set up of the equipment(s).

Also in case you need a reference on how to set it up you may refer to the link below:

NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

Cheers!

wchow
Level 2
Hi Shane
I had disconnected it as I need to run ADSL whilst NBN is not available. I have since reconnected it back and connected to phone line at wall socket. It’s still showing red on connection signal but I will keep setup so you can run test to check again please.
Shane

Hi @wchow,

Thanks for getting back to us. We're able to check the case progress of your service installation. It shows that there has been a problem activating your NBN service and our provisioning team raised this to NBN Co. and they arranged a Technician appointment to check your NBN service.

Installation date: 13-09-2019
Installation time frame: Between 08:00 and 12:00

At the moment we recommend to connect your ADSL2+ modem/route while waiting the completion of your NBN service. Further updates will be provided by our NBN Provisioning Team when it's available via SMS, Email or phone call.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

mannu143konica
Level 2
Hi
I need to know if my connection is active. I have not even got anyone to install wifi. I am really disappointed with your company. You guys do not even reply.