TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection box with coax cable needed

timmosey1
Level 2
Hi, I had some great help relocating to a new location today. In my new location I have a coax connection into the wall and unfortunately I do not own an NBN connection box with coax cabling. Would someone be able to help me obtain one?

Cheers,

Tim
13 REPLIES 13
Shane

Hi @timmosey1,

Welcome to the community1

We'd love to help and raise this to our NBN Provisioning Team, we're able to locate the account using the community details, please shoot me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi, I had some great help relocating to a new location today. In my new location I have a coax connection into the wall and unfortunately I do not own an NBN connection box with coax cabling. Would someone be able to help me obtain one?

Cheers,

Tim
timmosey1
Level 2

BasilDV

Hi @timmosey1

The case has been raised to our NBN service delivery team and an NBN technician is booked to install a new NBN NTD box on your premises.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

janharrison
Level 2

I still dont know why  we have to have an tech to connect an NBN box to a cable that is already present in the house... if we are supposed to hook up a modem successfully ourselves an NBN box could be provided for those of us with cable as it is pretty simple - cable in to NBN box, NBN box ethernet to modem and done!! 60 seconds if you are slow!!!!

Come on TPG/NBN .... wouldnt that cut the base costs down by a few dollars as well... maybe a discount for those willing to do it themselves!!!!!!

In fact couldnt provider use/give a cable modem to avoid having to use the NBN box in the first place?????

I have got my modem but now have to wait a bloody month for a tech to put an NBN box on my cable!!!

janharrison
Level 2

Further to my previous comments:

“We’ve now launched self-installs for eligible premises across both our FTTC and HFC technologies to help minimise the need for appointments,” says Moj Salehi, Executive Manager FTTC at NBN Co.

To find out if you're eligible for self-installation, please check with your phone or internet provider.

Can you check and see if this is possibel for me to do ASAP!!!! (although via HFC!)
BasilDV

Hi  @janharrison

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that your address is within the NBN HFC footprint.

For this NBN technology, an NBN NTD box is required in order to provide you the service.

We understand that you've been notified with the schedule of your NBN installation, which requires your presence or someone that is above 18 yrs of age as an NBN technician will visit your site to install the NBN NTD box.

Further updates will be given by our NBN service delivery team as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

janharrison
Level 2
Well you still didn’t explain why I need a technician to plug an existing cable into the as yet undelivered NBN box when that’s pretty simple, and should result in a faster installation if you could get NBN send me a self install kit.. can you ask for that as NBN won’t discuss with me!
BasilDV

Hi @janharrison

We'll raise this with our NBN service delivery team and have someone to call you within the day to discuss this further.

BasilDV

janharrison
Level 2
Thanks.. we’ll see what they say!!!