NBN in Appartment

kerser2
Level 2

Hi

Trying to set up TPG NBN in my new rental appartment, I knoow the building block has NBN and I have spoken to somone from another appartment who has NBN with TPG. TPG are telling me they cant connect me as i need to turn the NBN connection box on? how can it not be on if someone else is using NBN with TPG? also where would i find the NBN connection box?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Erika

Hi @kerser2

Welcome to the Community! 

I've managed to locate your account using your Community Details and can see that this is being handled by our Provisioning team. 

Based on our records, NBN is available at your address via the existing Pay TV cables that are installed in the area (NBN HFC). NBN has also confirmed that their devices to make the service work such as the wall plate and NBN Network Connection Box is already in place. 

However, I understand that you've been in touch with one of our case managers and you've informed them that you were unsure of the location of the NBN Network Connection Box. 

To make your services work, the TPG provided modem should be connected to the NBN Network Connection Box. 

This NBN Network Connection Box is installed inside a property for HFC or FTTP connections and usually, this is located near a coaxial wall socket.

Our Provisioning team has arranged for an NBN technician to complete the install on Monday, 21 January 2019, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. 

An NBN installation can only be performed by NBN technicians. Their technicians advise of a possible need for entry to the premises to finalise the connection. This means we require you or a person over 18 years of age to be home for the appointment. 

For your reference, you may check this article regarding NBN Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (NBN HFC) Setup Guide.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Thank you.