TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installation is a joke with no internet coming anytime soon

gracecummins
Level 2

I have signed up with TPG on the 7th of March with hopes of having a smooth installation of internet. Our current situation is very painful to deal with and has been absolutely atrocious. There has been no reassurance that we will get our internet anytime soon.

I rang last week to ask for a follow up to the issue of not having internet and the fact that my NBN box has the wrong serial number and a disconnected fibre optic wire. TPG asked for an email from me with my lease proving that I live in the premises and a picture of my NBN box with the serial number. I had that sent that in an email the morning after with my ticket number with having assurance from the person i spoke to the night before that i would get a call back by the end of the week on Friday. Not surprisingly I didnt get a call back for an update. I rang on Saturday but after 30 minutes, gave up as nobody picked up. 

Fast forward to this week, I rang on Monday to ask for an update. I got a new ticket number and the assurance that I will definitely this time get a call back for an update. They said that they have escalated the situation with NBN and that in the next 24-48 hours will get a response back. I didnt get a call back on Wednesday. Today is Thursday and I just rang to speak to a TPG case manager. I had to send an email to TPG again with my lease and picture of the serial number. Apparently the email could not been seen and i needed to send it to a different email address. Again I have been told that I need to wait another 24-48 hours for them to get back to me. 

This is an absolutely disgusting way to treat your paying customers nevermind a new one. I can't seem to get any answers other than 'we will call you in 24-48 hours'. To cap that off, TPG does NOT call back. If TPG can't offer a service they said they would I will be cancelling my account and will be filing a complaint with the ombudsman. 

10 REPLIES 10
Will

Hi @gracecummins

Welcome to the Community!

We can only imagine how frustrating your experience has been.

Using your community details, we're able to check your account and review your installation history.  The main reason why the service is still not working is because of the mismatch of the Serial Number of the NBN box you have from the records of NBNCo.

Our Provisioning Team has raised this with NBNCo to have the record amended. In as much as we'd like you to have the service working at this point, we are still waiting for NBNCo to make the necessary adjustments. We received a response from NBNCo today but we need to clarify the information further.

I will have your Provisioning Case Manager contact you today. Allow us to get a clarification from NBNCo first. Please expect the call from the Case Manager before 7PM NSW.

Regards,

gracecummins
Level 2

TO provide an update on the current situation. We received a call on Friday from TPG. We were told that NBNco was closed at that time of call and TPG would call back on Saturday. TPG didnt call back on Saturday to provide an update. Can TPG update me on the information now?? 

Will

Hi @gracecummins

It seems like you have already spoken to a Provisioning Case Manager earlier. Based on the records, we have advised NBNCo that we have sent them your Proof of Occupancy. Currently, there's not much that we can do but wait for NBNCo to make the necessary adjustment.

You will be notified by the assigned Provisioning Case Manager as to the progress once an update is available.

Regards,

gracecummins
Level 2

To provide an update, this situation still has not been resolved!

Today is April 6th and we were told on March 29th that in 5 business days we would be provided an update. No update, nothing. 

TPG has also given us a portable mobile hotspot to use while we wait for this situation to fix but it does not work. We have called TPG to help assist us and we've been transferred 5 times between different departments. We are now waiting for a callback from the WiFi department before the day ends. 

I understand that this is not necessarily TPG's fault because of NBNco but this is TPG's responsibility to a paying customer. 

Riezl

Hi @gracecummins, our Provisioning Team is still waiting for an update from NBN Co., but another follow up has been made today.

With regard to the mobile hotspot, are you aware of its mobile service number/mobile number? Are you able to send it thru PM?

BasilDV

Hi @gracecummins,

The Mobile Hotspot that we've provided is already pre-configured and should work right away.

May we know what happened? Were you able to connect to the WiFi network of the hotspot? Are there any lights on the device?

Kind regards,

BasilDv

gracecummins
Level 2

Ive tried to connect to the device at home through my computer and when it comes up on my internet browser, it says that i need to çontact my service provider as the connection has failed.
There is no sign on the hotspot saying that it is connected. It doesn't show any data going in or out of my device. 

Also, any update on the situation with my internet connection? I have already been billed for the month. 

BasilDV

Hi @gracecummins,

We've checked the status of the SIM card that we've provided and it says active, which means that it should work.

Our team needs to check the configuration of the Mobile hotspot, however, you were unreachable.

Do you have any preferred time and mobile number to be contacted? We'd like to check the settings of the device. Please shoot me a PM with your contact details.

In regards to the NBN order, we've been advised by NBN Co that they are still waiting for the update from their third party provider and require 5 business days for further update to be provided.

Your case manager is monitoring the account and will be in touch once updates is available.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

gracecummins
Level 2

I would like to express my severe disappointment over the lack of communication from TPG to us in regards to this ongoing issue. We STILL DO NOT HAVE INTERNET and THIS ISSUE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE IT WILL COME TO BE RESOLVED ANYTIME SOON. There has been no replies to the emails we have sent out and the last time my housemate had received a reply, it was the same reply that they have always given us. The same "We will double check with NBN and we will get a reply in 5 business days". Can TPG please liaise with us with this matter urgently as we are quite frankly tired with having to deal with no internet since March?? We are still paying for this service. If not, I will have no choice but to go to the ombudsman.