NBN installation problem

SOLVED Go to solution
Onderon3
Level 2
I originally had an appointment for nbn install on the 27th march. The technician that came to do the install found out the DPU in the pit was broken so was unable to finish the install. They told me there was a shortage of DPU currently and would be mo the before a replacement.

The flowing day I received a call from TPG another appointment was scheduled for the 3rd April as the issue was resolved. I specifically asked if the DPU was fixed and they told me the "issue was resolved".

So the 2nd technician came out and I told them to check the DPU first and they told me that it was still the old unit and its still broken and once again they couldn't finish the install.

I have not received any follow up for my installation ever since from TPG and trying to get through live chat never connected me to anyone after hours of waiting.

I have received 3 sms texts urgently telling me to connect my modem as the service is waiting my activation which is completely false as I am still on my adsl with no NBN.

I just want someone to follow up for me and let me know what is happening as these texts messages is doing nothing to help my situation
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarlB

Hi @Onderon3,

I just sent you a PM with the new appointment for the 30th.

The NBN notes indicate that “The installation delay attributable have been resolved” Sounds like this should hopefully be the last NBN appointment you require.

Regards,

Karl

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KarlB

Hi @Onderon3,

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Kind regards,

Karl

Onderon3
Level 2
I just PM'd you my details. I also just received another sms saying an installation appointment has been rescheduled on the 30th April between 8am-12pm.

I am worried that the technician will come and find the same faulty DPU in the pit and waste half my day as I will need to take half the day off from work to wait for them.

Thanks for getting back to me
KarlB

Hi @Onderon3,

I just sent you a PM with the new appointment for the 30th.

The NBN notes indicate that “The installation delay attributable have been resolved” Sounds like this should hopefully be the last NBN appointment you require.

Regards,

Karl

Mariamichael92
Level 2
Im having the same issues so can you still connect to the internet via modem like adsl2 ? Or does the NBN modem have to sync to get internet access?
Shane

Hi @Mariamichael92,

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd love to help see the status of the NBN installation, to better understand the situation we'd like to get your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference:

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Im having the same issues so can you still connect to the internet via modem like adsl2 ? Or does the NBN modem have to sync to get internet access?