TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installer did not turn up

reynardli
Level 3
Hi there,

So I decided to join TPG NBN 3 weeks ago. It was initially scheduled to be installed last Monday but for some reason it was rescheduled to today 26 Oct 1pm to 5pm. However no one has turned up and I have not been given any notice or explanation as to why or what to do next.

Can someone please advise where I go from here? Pretty confused as 3 Weeks feels like a long time to have Internet activated.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @reynardli ,

I am sad to learn that the installation was not completed on the given installation date. I would like to take this opportunity to turn around your experience and get to the bottom of this.

To better understand the situation, please drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@reynardli wrote:
Hi there,

So I decided to join TPG NBN 3 weeks ago. It was initially scheduled to be installed last Monday but for some reason it was rescheduled to today 26 Oct 1pm to 5pm. However no one has turned up and I have not been given any notice or explanation as to why or what to do next.

Can someone please advise where I go from here? Pretty confused as 3 Weeks feels like a long time to have Internet activated.

Thanks

reynardli
Level 3

@Shane Hi there, Is there any update on my installation progress?

Last I heard, the NBN Infrastructure was not in place and I was told I would get an update in 2 days but have not yet heard from anyone since. Smiley Sad

Rey

Shane

Hi @reynardli,

I can confirm that you have been in contact with one of our Provisioning Case Manager and provided an update, let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

@Shane Hi there, Is there any update on my installation progress?

Last I heard, the NBN Infrastructure was not in place and I was told I would get an update in 2 days but have not yet heard from anyone since. Smiley Sad

Rey

reynardli
Level 3
Hi Shane,

Yes the case manager has called me this morning 11am. He doesnt really have any updates for me though but he will try to get an update from NBN co for me.

Thank you for your help and following it up everytime. Smiley Happy
Rey
Shane

Hi @reynardli,

You are welcome, expect them to contact you again for any updates on the ongoing installation.

Cheers! Smiley Happy

Hi Shane,

Yes the case manager has called me this morning 11am. He doesnt really have any updates for me though but he will try to get an update from NBN co for me.

Thank you for your help and following it up everytime. Smiley Happy
Rey
reynardli
Level 3

Hi Shane,

So last week, a NBN guy finally came and install a NBN Box outside my house. He told me that he has connected to phone cable (from the outside) and asked us to test it out, however since I moved in, there was never a phone socket on the wall (this is a very old house). So yesterday, I climbed up to the attic and located the phone cable which seems to be connecting to the NBN box right now. The cable has been cut and is just sitting on the attic.

Today I received another phone call from NBN for a pre-connect check ( I had an appointment scheduled tomorrow 1-5pm) but after telling the lady on the phone that I never had a phone socket in the house, she cancelled my appointment and asked me to hire a technician to fix up the phone socket myself.

Right from the beginning, I had already informed TPG salesperson that I do not have a phone socket in the house before signing up with TPG. She has said that whatever issue I have, it would be sorted out by TPG without extra charge since my house is not a brand new development.

Can you please advise how I should move forward from here? It has been 2 months since I signed up and I am starting to feel a little frustrated about the whole experience.

Reynard (my TPG id is reynardli)

Shane

Hi @reynardli,

Thanks for the additional details.

Upon checking, your address is classified by NBN Co. as Service Class 32, which means that it's NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) serviceable and an NBN technician is required to connect the line outside and install the Network Connection Device (NCD).

We have two possible cases:

1. The socket may be in a location you're not aware of. You might want to check with your real estate or landlord.
  2. The house might have been renovated and the internal wiring may have been stripped out including the actual sockets. If that's the case, you'll need to hire a private technician to install the phone socket since this is a premise issue. We don't send a TPG technician for this kind of repair.

Based on the latest update on the ongoing installation NBNCo. will dispatch a technician to complete the installation, however no updates yet has been provided. 

Expect our NBN Provisioning Team to contact you to provide the appointment schedule when it becomes available.

Regards,

Hi Shane,

So last week, a NBN guy finally came and install a NBN Box outside my house. He told me that he has connected to phone cable (from the outside) and asked us to test it out, however since I moved in, there was never a phone socket on the wall (this is a very old house). So yesterday, I climbed up to the attic and located the phone cable which seems to be connecting to the NBN box right now. The cable has been cut and is just sitting on the attic.

Today I received another phone call from NBN for a pre-connect check ( I had an appointment scheduled tomorrow 1-5pm) but after telling the lady on the phone that I never had a phone socket in the house, she cancelled my appointment and asked me to hire a technician to fix up the phone socket myself.

Right from the beginning, I had already informed TPG salesperson that I do not have a phone socket in the house before signing up with TPG. She has said that whatever issue I have, it would be sorted out by TPG without extra charge since my house is not a brand new development.

Can you please advise how I should move forward from here? It has been 2 months since I signed up and I am starting to feel a little frustrated about the whole experience.

Reynard (my TPG id is reynardli)

reynardli
Level 3

Hi @Shane

Thanks for your reply. I have always appreciated your help in the past 2 months. However, after reading your explanation, I feel like I have totally been deceived by a TPG salesperson.

Right from the beginning before I even signed the contract, I had informed TPG that I do not have a phone socket in the house and was promised that I would not have to worry about it and would not have to spend an extra dollar to have NBN installed and activated. In fact, it was the ONLY reason why I called TPG up to clarify this concern instead of signing up via online (which was much easier). The sales lady who I spoke to had in multiple times assured me that because my house is not a new development, I would NOT have to be responsible for any issue including not having a phone cable. This conversation was recorded so I know there is proof that I am not lying.

So from where I am standing, I feel like I have been conned by the TPG sales lady intentionally to meet her sales target and now I am left with no Internet and no assistance from TPG at all. So in my opinion, either:

1.) TPG organised to send a technician over to install the phone socket free of charge and have everything sorted as promised from day 1

2.) Refund what I have paid so far and cancel the contract. I will just have to find another ISP that can be honest with me. In that case, could you please advise what is the process to get a refund?

Again, please understand my frustration is not directed at you, you have been nothing but helpful.

Reynard

Shane

Hi @reynardli,

We chased and relayed this information to our NBN Provisioning Team, please expect them to contact you today.

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

Hi @Shane

Thanks for your reply. I have always appreciated your help in the past 2 months. However, after reading your explanation, I feel like I have totally been deceived by a TPG salesperson.

Right from the beginning before I even signed the contract, I had informed TPG that I do not have a phone socket in the house and was promised that I would not have to worry about it and would not have to spend an extra dollar to have NBN installed and activated. In fact, it was the ONLY reason why I called TPG up to clarify this concern instead of signing up via online (which was much easier). The sales lady who I spoke to had in multiple times assured me that because my house is not a new development, I would NOT have to be responsible for any issue including not having a phone cable. This conversation was recorded so I know there is proof that I am not lying.

So from where I am standing, I feel like I have been conned by the TPG sales lady intentionally to meet her sales target and now I am left with no Internet and no assistance from TPG at all. So in my opinion, either:

1.) TPG organised to send a technician over to install the phone socket free of charge and have everything sorted as promised from day 1

2.) Refund what I have paid so far and cancel the contract. I will just have to find another ISP that can be honest with me. In that case, could you please advise what is the process to get a refund?

Again, please understand my frustration is not directed at you, you have been nothing but helpful.

Reynard