TPG Community

Get online support

NBN modem unid1 port have no bright light, no wifi signal

SOLVED Go to solution
RonnD
Level 2

Hi, my router linked to NBN modem but there is no wifi signal and the UniD ports have no light too, but I can still use the internet by connecting the cable to my laptop. Please help ASAP so that I can use wifi! I attach some photos too.

My customer ID: 6761281

PS: I turned off the router light on 192.168.1.1 admin page so I really can't see what colour its light is.
Thanks,

Dararoth

IMG_4943.JPG

IMG_4945.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JayeshP9

Great!

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards

JayeshP9.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

Can you verify your address so I can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

RonnD
Level 2

I sent it to your PM.

JayeshP9

Hi RonnD,

I am able to see that your router is connected and its has authetication. 

Are able to see that wireless network name?

Default wireless network name ( SSID )  you can see on router stricker.

make sure wireless is ON, you can turn wireless ON /OFF by presssing wireless button ( which is located  right side of Yellow LAN port)

regards

JayeshP9,

RonnD
Level 2

No, I cannot see the wireless network name SSID. I followed you by turning on the wifi on/off button, but still, there is no light on UniD port on NBN modem, and no wifi.

JayeshP9

Hi, 

I suggest better to reset router. you need to press reset button for 30 secs then tell me how's status light of router.

can you also provide s/n of modem router, you can private message to me for that detail.

regards

JayeshP9.

RonnD
Level 2

I sent the router s/n to your pm. I've pushed the reset button 30seconds but there is still no light on it or NBN modem.

JayeshP9

previosuly you mensioned that internet is working when you connect cable but  no wireless.

where are you connect cable? to nbn box directly or router directly.

regards

JayeshP9.

RonnD
Level 2

The internet works only if I connect the cable to my laptop. The cable is originally connected NBN to the router. Now I connect the cable back to the router.

JayeshP9

Are able to open router login page ( 192.168.1.1)?

to open router login page, you need to use LAN cable to connect laptop and router.

make sure router WAN port  is also connected to Nbn UNID-2 port as well.

regards

JayeshP9.