TPG Community

Get online support

NEW NBN - No Internet - Belong Modem

shelleyann25
Level 2
My NBN box was installed. The tech did not connect my modem to check if it works. (Previous address the Tech did and no problems, was with Belong and a nice tech)
I changed providers earlier today because I had no response from belong after several emails (they don't have a phone service)
Now I sit with the same problem. I can't get the Internet light to go green.
Soooo frustrating. I tried to call and they said they're not taking calls at that time. It feels like I am getting the same Tech service here. They were fast to answer the sale call but no one to answer the support call.
Is there anyone that can help me to set this up please!
Thanks
Stell
3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @shelleyann25 . What type of NBN box do you have and what lights are on?

What is the model number of the Belong router?

shelleyann25
Level 2
Hi @david64 
NBN box 
Lights:
Power
Optical
Uni-D 2
Box:
NBN Co?
Can't really tell sorry.
Belong:
Modem 4353
I can get into the Gateway but can't chg anything.
I tried creating a new network connection but it doesn't give me the options as per TPG instructions.
Thank you
Stella

david64
Level 15

@shelleyann25 . The 4353 may be locked to Belong. Do factory reset. When you are trying to enter your TPG details, are you in that part of the router that allows changes to be made or only displays settings? I can't find a manual for this device.

TPG settings are PPPoE, username and password.

Your NBN connection type seems to be FTTP. If you need to buy a router, you might consider one which also has RJ11 DSL port in case you move to an apartment/house with FTTB/FTTN.