TPG Community

Get online support

No Internet connection/activation

SOLVED Go to solution
martinhoang14
Level 3

Hi,
Im a recent TPG customer and received my modem last week - I have connected everything but there dosnt seem to be an internet connection.
I connected with support staff 2 days ago - and was told to wait 48hrs to receive a text from nbn to say my service will be activated but did not receive any messages.
I critically need internet as I'm working from home, can we get an estimate on when we will be connected?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarlB

Hi @,

I can't see any mention of a reschedule in the NBN system, so hopefully the appointment is still going ahead. If they contact you just ask if you can keep that appointment.

Regards,

Karl

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
KarlB

Hi @martinhoang14,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Replied via PM

martinhoang14
Level 3

Hi Karl,

You were assisting me last week regarding this issue. I did some troubshooting over the weekend and were able to connect using another router, thinking that the one we recieved from TPG could be faulty.

Dont think we will be needing the FT to come to our house, is it possible to reorder a replacement tplink router?

We just have a question regarding our billing for the first month - as we didnt receive internet service untill the weekend - will our bill cycle be ammended to cover the fact? Any questions please let me know.

KarlB

Hi @,

I'm not currently seeing your order has been completed yet by NBN, and I'm not seeing a current connection. Is your service still currently working with your own supplied modem/router?

If so what is the make and model of your supplied modem/router?

Regards,

Karl

martinhoang14
Level 3

Yes, internet service is working - modem/router make is a Sagemcom Fast 3864V3.

KarlB

Hi @,

I'd be pretty surprised if that modem/router could be used with an NBN HFC service. Are you plugging the Sagemcom Fast 3864V3 into your NBN NTD or direct into the phone line. I have checked again and I’m not seeing you connected to your TPG account.

Are you able to go to the below address and PM me your current IP(Public IPv4) address? It sounds like you’re not connecting to the TPG service.

https://www.whatismyip.com/

Regards,

Karl

martinhoang14
Level 3

NTD is plugged into sagecom router through the WAM port.

I also tested direct ethernet connection from NTD to my desktop - and internet service is working too.

My Public IPv4 is: ***.***.***.***

I suspect there could be a conflict with the previous provider? possibly service wasnt properly disabled from previous tenant.

KarlB

Hi @

Think you are right, that is an Optus IP address.

I recommend we keep the appointment booked for tomorrow. Can you make sure you connect your TPG modem in the morning ready for your 8am-12pm appointment?

Regards,

Karl

martinhoang14
Level 3

Hi Karl,

Sure sounds good - is it possible to schedule it back to the original time, I asked for it to be postponed thinking it was just a router issue... Smiley Sad

If not, we can just wait for nbn to contact for the appt reschedule.