TPG Community

Get online support

No NBN equipment in new home

cmaheshk
Level 2

Hi There,

I have raised a moving request to my new home a week ago to make sure NBN will be ready on the day I move in. I requested TPG about any other NBN installation requirements and the reply was just you need to take the same modem/router and plug it into the new home.

I called yesterday to verify the moving status and requested to verify NBN connection as I was not able to see the NBN equipment on my new house. TPG advised that they need to raise a request for NBN technician to visit the home and install the equipment. I requested back to book the NBN technician ASAP. TP advised they need to email but they can't call and raise the request. Also, TPG advised that I will be contacted back soon after booking NBN technician but I haven't received any calls.

I am in a position where I need to move to a new home but not sure when I will get my internet. No sound about NBN technician booking too. I work from home and I completely rely on the Internet for my work. Due to TPG's negligence, I can't work until I get the Internet.

Could one of you please book the NBN technician visit ASAP and provide me an alternate option for the Internet until I get NBN?

Cheers,
Mahesh

2 REPLIES 2
Aubrey

Hi Mahesh, welcome to TPG Community!

For NBN installations, we check the address based on their service class. This determines whether a technician still needs to attend or it will only require remote activation as all equipment are already in place. 

In your case, it looks like your new address was identified that it has been previously connected to NBN which means the box should be there. So there's no way for us to know that it's missing until it is reported to us or until we attempt to activate the service.

Please send your customer ID or username via private message and let's get you an update regarding the technician appointment.

Thanks,

Aubrey

cmaheshk
Level 2

This is a brand new home and you have mentioned it was previously connected to NBN.

This doesn't make sense at all. I have raised this with the builder and I have sorted it out myself.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers,

Mahesh