No internet connection

byanto82
Level 2
Hi,
I received a sms yesterday saying my NBN Service is awaiting activation and to plug in nbn modem. After plug in nbn connection box and tpg modem up until now i still don’t have internet connection.
NBN connection box show only power light and connection light is on. No light on DSL light and LAN light.
I also don’t have a green light on for internet on TPG modem.
I just wandering how long i have to wait until i get internet connection.
When i checked my installation status online it says it’s in progress.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Boby
9 REPLIES 9
Riezl

Hi @byanto82,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details. We are waiting for the device activation and we just want to make sure that the NBN connection box and the TPG modem are properly connected.

Are you able to double check? Here's a link that can guide you: NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide 

We'll wait for your reply. Thank you.

byanto82
Level 2
The instructions on guidelines is pretty straight forward. I think i did it okay with setup nbn connection box and tpg modem.
After 2 days I even try to reset couple times nbn connection box and still no result.
DSL light & LAN light still off. Only power light & connection light on solid blue.
On tpg modem, internet light is off.
You mentiond tpg awaiting nbn activation on. What do you mean with that? How do you know when nbn is active.
Shane

Hi @byanto82,

Thanks for the confirmation. Once the system detected that the pending equipment is properly installed the system will mark-off and notify us, if that happens the service should automatically work. But on this case, since it's still the equipment has been installed but not yet working, we'll have to raise this to our NBN Provisioning Team for investigation.

Let us know your best contact number and preferred time.

Cheers!

byanto82
Level 2

My contact no 0430xxxxxx
Anytime your technician can come. School holiday still and my family at home.
Cheers

Shane

Thanks for the details @byanto82,

We'll have them contact you tomorrow between 10-12NN AEDST.

Make sure to keep your mobile phone available and let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

byanto82
Level 2
Thank you for your quick response.
Your operator rang me and arranged third party technician from nbn to come next week Friday to sort out nbn installation. In the meantime she ask me to plug back my old tpg modem adsl2+ to get access internet.
I look forward for see NBN technician next week.
Cheers
Shane

You're welcome @byanto82.

We're glad to know that a Technician has been arranged to complete the NBN installation. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

byanto82
Level 2
Hi,
Nbn technician came today and after 2hrs ish try to complete nbn installation on my unit and fail to do so. He said nbn fibre cable faulty.
For your information this is a nbn technician no 3 as previously on yesterday and Wednesday different nbn technician came and failed to fix same issue for my Neigbours.
My question is when NBN technician will return to complete nbn installation?
I asked nbn technician and he told me to ask TPG.

Shane

Hi @byanto82,

We definitely feel the pain you are going through with multiple NBN technicians unable to install your service.

There is extra work that NBN need to complete on their network to get your installation back on track.

Currently the date for the work to be completed is 3 March.

We want to work with NBN on your behalf to get a earlier date as we have a good relationship with NBN management and you have been through a tough journey.

Cheers!