Opt-out of CGNAT

Nino
Level 2

Hi - I'm a current TPG customer on a NBN12 plan and I've been offerred Home Wireless Internet by TPG.  I have security cameras installed that I monitor remotely from my iPhone.  The only way for me to accept the Home Wireless Internet is to opt-out of CGNAT.  Is this an option for me? Regards, Nino

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @Nino,

Welcome to the community!

Do you have an existing TPG NBN?

The following below will not work will not work on Home Wireless Broadband since it uses CG-NAT.

• Port forwarding
  • Hosting web, email or file servers internally
  • Smart Home systems (e.g. accessing security camera footage remotely, home automation and printers)
  • Remote Access (i.e. accessing your home computer or devices from another location)

Regards,

Hi - I'm a current TPG customer on a NBN12 plan and I've been offerred Home Wireless Internet by TPG.  I have security cameras installed that I monitor remotely from my iPhone.  The only way for me to accept the Home Wireless Internet is to opt-out of CGNAT.  Is this an option for me? Regards, Nino

Nino
Level 2
Hi Shane
Thank you for your reply by way of stating the obvious facts I already know.
My question to you / TPG is:
Can I opt-out of CGNAT if I switch to Home Wireless Broadband?
Thanks,
Nino
Shane

Hi @Nino my apologies, to answer the question, unfortunately the TPG home wireless plans comes with CGNAT and it cannot be remove to Home Wireless Technology. 

Regards, 

Hi Shane
Thank you for your reply by way of stating the obvious facts I already know.
My question to you / TPG is:
Can I opt-out of CGNAT if I switch to Home Wireless Broadband?
Thanks,
Nino
Nino
Level 2

Thank you Shane, much appreciated!

I'll wait for IPV6.

Can TPG provide an IPV6 address?

Thanks,

Nino

Shane

Hi @Nino,

I cannot give any confirmation if IPV6 will be provided to TPG Home Wireless in the future. Any new updates on this plan will definitely be posted here.

Cheers!

Regards,

Thank you Shane, much appreciated!

I'll wait for IPV6.

Can TPG provide an IPV6 address?

Thanks,

Nino