TPG Community

Get online support

Relocation update NBN HFC

JayeshP9

Hi cbarnos82,

I have sent your query to installtion team for follow up.

Regards

JayeshP9.

cbarnos82
Level 2

- No progress on installation (stage 2 since commencement) 

- No update from TPG or confirmation that my correspondence (regarding proof of occupancy) has been recieved (sent over a week ago).

- No scheduled installation, no information about progress, next steps or update on progress. 

cbarnos82
Level 2

A  week ago I receieved this email: 

Hi Chris,

For your installation, we were advised by NBN Co that there's an active NBN service from a different provider on your address.

NBN Co can only provide one NBN service per address.

To proceed, kindly fill out the details below to progress with NBN order.

• Indicate your NBN Installation Address showing on your proof of address document.
  • Premises Structure: (Duplex, stand alone, 2 storey house, subdivided, granny flat, etc)
  • Have you just recently moved in to this premises? (Yes/No)
  • Are you switching your NBN service to TPG?(Yes/No)
  • Is the NBN Arris box already installed in your premises? (Yes/No)

*Please note that the NBN Arris Box will only work to the original location where it was installed by the NBN Technician.

• Have you received the wifi modem? (Yes/No)

If you have just moved in, kindly send the proof of address document to nbnpod@tpg.com.au. Reply to this email once done.

A Proof of Occupancy Document (POD), which must show the end user's name and full address, as a serviced address, and not just a mailing address.
Acceptable documents for a POD include:
- Current fixed utility bills (water, electricity or gas).
- A current insurance document, specific to the address (e.g. Business or Home & Contents)
- Certificate of Title of the land.
OR
- A signed Lease agreement.

--

Thank you

Kind Regards,

(NF - initials only, I have removed name) 

I responded by providing all the details and sent proof of occupancy details to the required email address. Despite sending sensitive documents I can't even be sure they were recieved as despite numerous follow-ups I haven't recieved any response. 

I am not sure whether TPG is even recieving my correspondence. I have prepared  a complaint to the the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman and am at the point where I wish to cancel my account with TPG and proceed to install with a new provider. Is there anybody at TPG who can please update me on what is happening with NBN Installation Status CID:5190730? 

JayeshP9

Hi cbarnos82,

I have already sent your query to service delivelry team for follow up why its delaying your installation.  There is confict of service at your address even you can also check your address  on nbn website by putting your new address which saying You are connected to the nbn™ broadband access network. I believe  that you  don't have connection at new address so i have also involved my manager for it.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address

Regards

JayeshP9

cbarnos82
Level 2

Hi Jaesh, 

The tool you have referred to indicates NBN availability. NBN is available at my presmises, the former occupant had an IINET NBN account. 

IINET informed me that the last occupants account was disconnected at the end of APRIL. I have asked TPG to check for an update from TPGCO on the status of the line but nobody appears to have done that or if they have they have not informed me of the result. 

So instead I provided two statutory declarations to provide proof of occupancy. These were sent on Sunday, to sdnbndpod@tpg.com.au (in response to their email). 

I have not recieved any confirmation or response, I don't know if they recieved those documents.

The only time I get any response seems to be through this forum, this is one of the most frustrating consumer experiences of my life. 

David_M

Hi @cbarnos82 

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

cbarnos82
Level 2

Hi David, 

Thank you I appreciate that, if there is anything you need just let me know. 

Chris. 

David_M

Hi @cbarnos82 

This has been escalated to our install officers for followup.

Someone should call you ASAP within 24-48hrs.

Thanks,

cbarnos82
Level 2

THIS IS THE RESPONSE - 

Hi Chris,

We apologise for the inconvenience.

There's an active NBN service, the old tenant hasn't cancelled it yet.

NBN Co can only provide one service per address.

For us to request for a cancellation of the service to NBN Co, you need to provide a proof of occupancy document, but we haven't received it yet.

To proceed with the installation, please ask the landlord to ask the old tenant to cancel the NBN service or provide your proof of occupancy document.

Thank you

Kind Regards,

- THE PROOF OF OCCUPANCY DOCUMENTS WERE SENT 4 DAYS AGO -> see below: 

to sdnbnpod

Dear Sir/ Madam 

The old tenant has cancelled the NBN service.  This has been confirmed by the owner, and the owners former provider IINET. 

Please confirm proof of occupancy, or double check the status of the line with TPGCO as you may not have the most up to date information. 

I note that I now have the original NBN Arris modem for the property, which has now been returned by the former occupant. 

Kind regards
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have now sent the documents to NHINA, can she accept them? or should they goto someone else, can somebody assist please this is an absolute nightmare. 
cbarnos82
Level 2

The two statutory declarations were attached to my email response to 

sdnbnpod@tpg.com.au 

Please confirm that either that a) proof of occupancy documents have been accepted and the switch is being activated or

b) that TPGCO have been consulted and confirm (consistent with the advice of IINET) that the former occupant has disconnected. 

That is what is required here.