TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link Archer VR1600v Call Waiting Disabled BUT Still Ringing

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Level 3

TP-Link Archer VR1600v Call Waiting Disabled BUT Still Get A Ringing Tone and NOT a Busy Tone...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @CUZ11N,

Your issue has been already been raised to our Engineering Team. A Phone Engineer will be assigned to work on the resolution and who will provide you updates via SMS or phone call.

If you have other concerns, do let us know.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 3

The VOIP Technicians have fixed it,  Only Phone1 is active atm and the the busy tone happens for those who call while on the phone.

So i Guess call in and asks for the VOIP Technicians to adjjust the Phone1 only to be activated...

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Level 3

Both Phone1 and Phone 2 are active with my Home Number....

Highlighted

Hi @CUZ11N

Welcome to the Community!

Phone 1 port is the one that we activate for Homephone, hence, we advise you to simply use that port.

Using your community details, I was able to locate your records and make the necessary adjustment to disable call waiting.

Please test and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Highlighted
Level 3

The person ringing should get a busy ring tone if we are on the fone.

But this is not the case.. Its ringing normal...

Highlighted

Hi @CUZ11N

You are correct, if someone calls your phone while you're at it, they should get a busy tone. That's the reason why I had to make an adjustment earlier to try to address that. I'm sorry for the confusion there.

Since it's still not working even after the adjustment I made, can you perform a reset on the modem? There's a small reset button at the back.

Regards,

Highlighted
Level 3

I have performed a RESET still no like both Phone1 and Phone2 are still active..

Highlighted

Thanks for performing the reset, @CUZ11N.

I had to readjust the settings again since the modem has been reset. Can you try and test it once more and let me know how it goes?

Please ensure not to plug anything on Phone 2.

Highlighted
Level 3

Hey Will

Thanks for all the efforts, but no luck it still doin the same,

For the moment im happy with the setup it allows me to use the phone2 while others are using the phone1 at the same time.. Having the the second phone off the hook doesnt seem to effect the first which is ok...

ps: the rest of the family are not liking me disconnecting them heaps....

Highlighted

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @CUZ11N.

If you're okay with the current setup, then I guess we'll have to leave it as is at the moment. However, should you ever want us to try to crack on this mystery, do let us know.

Highlighted
Level 3

Am I the only one with this issue or others have the same issue with this modem..