TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Cuts your internet then asks you to join new plan. Same experience anybody?

and1628opm
Level 3
As if moving house is not stressful enough, nothing compares to the above!

SMS twice to TPG to stop cancelling & REVERT back to NBN on day 5 (25/10) from the unusable Home Wireless^ (7 days free trail offered during relocation request.)

SMS twice plus an email asking for progress back to NBN on day 8 as there has been No response from TPG

Then TPG called and promised to (1) have NBN on 29/10 using existing account details & modem and (2) call me back after 6pm to discuss better deal as other ISPs' plan are much cheaper*. Phone summary email sent to TPG also.

SMS & email (29/10) to TPG as both promises not kept : Still no NBN, nobody called back.

Then TPG called saying NBN has not been restored until paying relocation fee of $99.95 or signing up a new 6 month-plan despite being requested/promised otherwise 5/2 days earlier.

Then TPG cut my internet without warning and ask me to choose a new plan by filling in ALL my details once again.

Oh, the new plan requires a new modem that could be 30 BUSINESS days away.

I’ve asked TPG kindly to restore the internet until the “new” NBN is active yesterday (29/10), but ...

Hope you never have to go through this.

^Many Emails can’t be sent/received; websites (news, entertainments, shopping etc.) can be reached/updated. Perfectly alright with 3rd party ISP’s mobile data though.

*FYI NBN no contract/set-up free plans:
25Mbps:
Tangrin/: $44.9
Superloo/: $49.95
TPG: $69.99

50Mbps:
Tangrin/: $54.9
Superloo/: $59.95
Dod/: $55.8
TPG: $74.99

100Mbps:
Dod/: 64.2
Tangrin/: $69.9
Superloo/: $69.95
TPG: $79.99
28 REPLIES 28
Shane

Hi @and1628opm,

Let us help check what happened to the re-activation of the old NBN service. Could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

and1628opm
Level 3
Correction:

trial

^Many Emails can’t be sent/received; websites (news, entertainments, shopping etc.) CANNOT be reached/updated. Perfectly alright & MUCH FASTER ON SAME 4G with 3rd party ISP’s mobile data though.
and1628opm
Level 3
Please note TPG just email me that the HW internet cannot be restored.

In reply to her email, I have initerated that on 28/10 TPG technician indicated NBN can be activated, on the same day, using existing account credentials and terms (remotely) since the new premise already has NBN hardware boxes with FTTP ( confirmed both with TPG and many other ISPs subsequently). I specifically requested TPG to wait for NBN activation on 29/10 before turning Home Wireless off as people were still using it.

Regards
Thanks.
and1628opm
Level 3
Hi Shane,
I have replied you here, but these message keeps disappearing. Just want to make sure you got my PM .
Please let me know if you nend further information
BasilDV

Hi @and1628opm

I'm stepping in since @Shane is currently not available.

We've checked the account and it shows that the NBN account is still active.

It shows that you've relocated to a new address and the relocation of the account is still in progress, which is why the service is not working.

You also need to update the Payment details for the NBN account to progress the order as advised via Email by your case manager.

We can confirm that the Home Wireless Broadband has been deactivated/cancelled. We can't reactivate an account that's been cancelled.

Please update your Payment details for the order to progress and if you still have the old TPG modem/router, then we can try to make it work while waiting for the new one to arrive.

BasilDV

and1628opm
Level 3
Hi BasilDV,

Thanks for your reply.

Please note:
1. The existing TPG router has been hooked up to the NBN box ( UNI-D1 ) at the new premise awaiting your remote activation.

2. Relocation, as mentioned in my 1st post, was made on 8th October.

3. Request to REVERT back to NBN was made on 25/10, day 5 of the 7 free trial period .

4. Could you please confirm that my existing NBN terms and pricing at the old premise carries forward to the new premise as the existing gears works.

5. As such, there's no need for a new contract and modem ( as it was not necessary as noted on 28/10 TPG communication) and it's more environmental friendly.

Regards.
BasilDV

Hi @and1628opm

The NBN technology you have before is HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial), which the provided device is set as modem/router with VLAN ID 2.

Since you the new address is set under FTTP (FIbre to the premises), then you need to set the device as a router only and disable the VLAN ID 2.

If you don't need a new modem/router, then will ask our team to take it out from the order.

In order to progress the relocation order, you need to update the payment details first.

If you need to further discuss this, please shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted today.

BasilDV

and1628opm
Level 3
Hi BasilDV,
Thanks for your reply.
Please nire:
1. The VDSL2 (under Internet connection) of the TPG router has been disabled (conforming to FTTP) as requested and hooked up to the NBN box ( UNI-D1 ) at the new premise awaiting your remote activation.

2. Could you please confirm, as noted item 4 & 5 above, that my existing NBN terms and pricing at the old premise carries forward to the new premise as the existing gears works. AND

3. There's no need for a NEW contract ORDER and NEW modem ( and it's more environmental friendly).

Regards.
and1628opm
Level 3
typo:
Please note: