TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Cuts your internet then asks you to join new plan. Same experience anybody?

BasilDV

In order to confirm the details of the plan, we'd like to arrange a call from our team.

They'll also advise you of the cancellation of the modem/router order.

We'll be waiting for your contact details via PM.

BasilDV

GaryR
Level 2

I have had a similar experience.  Having been a TPG customer for over 10 years and very happy, something has changed for the worse.  I recently upgraded to NBN Superfast but typicall received 25% of the speed promised.  I was then informed my modem was too old and was told they would send me a new one.  That didnt happen and they now tell me my premise is not capable of fast NBN.

Why wasnt I told that in the first place?  I was off contract for a long while and now they have me trapped in a new contract which was never going to provide anything better than my off-contract service.  I now have to wait until the contract finishes before I can change providers.

After 2 hours speaking to 4 different TPG departments I am exhausted and no resolution offered!

BasilDV

Hi @GaryR

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

and1628opm
Level 3
Hi BasilDV,
Thanks for your reply.
Please note:
1. As noted above as nothing has changed ( items 2 & 3 above, existing terms etc carries forward) and I didn't ask for any change of plan, would it simply be NBN activation from your end as noted on 28/10 by your own TPG technician (could be done the same day) ?
2. Phone conversation with TPG has been going on for days/weeks, if you need to discuss anything else, please feel free to do so around 1-2pm, if ok.
Regards.
and1628opm
Level 3
Hi GaryG,

Seems that most superfast NBN requires FTTP instalation at your premise, from memory.

If you have FTTN or FTTC, you might be able to upgrade to FTTP. Below is the official NBN link where you can check whether your address is able to or not.

It's also ISP dependent though and salesman has quota to meet too ....

https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential/upgrades/fttp-upgrade-with-higher-speed-tiers
and1628opm
Level 3
Sorry, @GaryR

You can also check for those ISPs which can provide superfast NBN via the above NBN link .
Cheers.

Disclaimer:
I don't work for any of the above firms.
BasilDV

Hi @and1628opm

We'll arrange the call between 1PM - 2PM today to further discuss the process and update the payment method for the account.

BasilDV

GaryR
Level 2

xxxxxx

BasilDV

Hi @GaryR

We've edited your post as it contains your account details.

Please refrain from posting any account or personal information on a public thread as it may compromise your security.

Based on the account, you've changed the plan to NBN100 speed tier and a discount was provided in exchange of the 6 month contract.

What speed were you getting as of the moment? Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection?

BasilDV

and1628opm
Level 3
Hi BasilDV,

Just let you know that TPG called me around 2:30 and cut me off about 20 minutes later.

She confirmed, after my repeating whole story 5 times, that REVERT back to NBN has not been processed even though I requested it, within time frame, on 25th October.

I have emailed you the 2 SMS screenshot of the REVERT back to NBN to you to pass it on to them as your system mysteriously have no record in order for you to kindly action on the NBN activation at your earliest convenience.

Regards