TPG Community

Get online support

TPG NBN service awaiting activation

SOLVED Go to solution
liamp
Level 3

Hi Basil,

Are you able to advise the case manager to call back today?

I was unable to take the call yesterday, and when I call back the hold time is over 20 minutes. 

Any further updates you could provide would be great. 

I am still unclear as to whether the service should be activating when I plug the equipment in. 

Liam

Will

Hi @liamp,

Your address is tagged as Service Class 33, which means that the activation is done remotely. Now for the service to be activated, the system of NBNCo needs to detect that the NCD and the modem are connected first.

Since you previously mentioned, that you were only getting 2 lights on the NCD, we need to perform real-time testing with the devices plugged in.

I have organize a call back from our Provisioning Team. Please expect the call between 2-3PM NSW.

Regards,

Will

liamp
Level 3

Hi Will,

Good news is that I am now getting 4 blue lights on the NCD!

However, after 30 minutes there is still no green internet light on the modem. Any further assistance would be appreciated and I will await the call from the case manager. 

Liam

Will

HI @liamp

It's good to hear that the 4 lights are on. I ran a test, but we're getting a failing result at the moment. Please wait for a Provisioning Case Manager to reach out to you for possible troubleshooting.

liamp
Level 3

Hi Will,

Unfortunately I did not receive a call from the provisioning team between 2-3pm.

Any assistance to resolve this problem today would be appreciated.

Liam

Will

Hi @liamp,

I'm so sorry that you haven't received a call yet. I am coordinating this now with our Provisioning Team for them to give you a call as soon as  possible.

liamp
Level 3

Thanks Will.

I just spoke to a member of the Provisioning Team who has organised an NBN technician appointment next week to investigate.

Liam

Will

You're welcome, @liamp.

I can see that the appointment has been booked already and an email has been sent to you providing the details as well. So I'll guess we'll have to wait until the NBN technician check your line and ensure that the NCD receives a connection properly. Should you require further assistance, feel free to leave a comment.

rambruce
Level 2

Given the increased load on the NBN system because of Corona virus, I am reluctand to switch at the moment as my ADSL is working perfectly. When do you intend to switch off ADSL?

Colkatdejay
Level 2
Hi I received my modem over a week ago I’ve had it plugged in but I still have no internet connection was wondering how long it will take to be connected