TPG Community

Get online support

Technition no show - help!!

Twokiwiboys1960
Level 2
Hi, any update on my installation date please? ....it’s been over two weeks waiting now. Thank you
JayeshP9

Hi Twokiwiboys1960,

Still i haven't heard any update from nbn co due to shortfall of core nerwork.

regards

JayeshP9.

Twokiwiboys1960
Level 2

Thansk Jayesh. Can you tell me what a "shortfall of core network" means.

Also, please advise what action I can take to rectify this extreme delay.

This process of waiting for nothing to happen is not working.

thankyou

Chris

JayeshP9

Hi Chris,

I have checked nbn and found below message from nbn.

Hello Team,

Under the Planned Outage Reduction Plan, which has been established by Network Operations in response to COVID-19, nbn has assessed all upcoming planned network maintenance activity. The planned remediation work for this Held Order has been deemed non-essential at this time and will not proceed. 

During this time, nbn remain focused on the wellbeing of all nbn staff, including field contractors and delivery partners, as well as supporting all Australian’s by maintaining and assuring the performance of the nbn network. For information on nbn’s response to COVID-19, please reach out to your nbn Account Team or refer to the latest Operational Notice. 

Regards
NBN

regards

JayeshP9.

Twokiwiboys1960
Level 2

Thanks Jayesh, appreciate you looking into it further for me..... so what happens now?

TPG are obviously struggling - what are they doing to fix rather than leave us all hanging with incomplete communications?  Is my new service cancelled before it even started, and I get a refund, or if they want to keep my money  - is there a timeframe when they are going to connect me?

Please explain, thanks

Chris

JayeshP9

Well, In current scenario TPG can't push  nbn due to pandemic under the planned outage reduction plan of nbn which has been established by nbn network operations in response to COVID-19. Pending Held Order has been deemed as a non-essential based on nbn co that's reason we are struggling to activate your service. This can happen with any provider because all provider are depend on nbn co in your buidling we haven't install TPG fiber yet otherwise it could be hassle free.

regards

JayeshP9.

Twokiwiboys1960
Level 2
Thanks Jayden. You mention my building does not have FTB? There is already FTB installed in my building. The issue is that the port number allocated by NBN to TPG for my installation was faulty. It’s a 10 second job to re-allocate a new port number so the technician can call to hook my apartment up. Does that information help you? Please also advice on my question re the fees I’ve already paid.
Thanks
Chris
JayeshP9

I agreed with  you regarding swapping port and that's nbn allocated faulty port.

TPG has own fiber netwok  as well which called TPG FTTB so that's reason we don't have to depend on NBN FTTB but in your building we haven't installed our Fiber that's what i was trying to explain you.
Regading fees if you want then i can arrange call back from our customer service staff so they can arrange it for you.
regards
JayeshP9.

Twokiwiboys1960
Level 2

Thanks Jayesh, yes - please arrange that call back so I can talk to someone about this issue and whats the best solution.

Thanks

Chris

JayeshP9

Hi Twokiwiboys1960 ,

I have sent your request for call back to our TPG customer service. Reference number 59567208.

Regards

JayeshP9.