TPG Community

Get online support

When does the billing cycle start?

SOLVED Go to solution
isabelzhi
Level 2

Just wondering because it seems like my modem will be delivered to me at least days after the NBN installation, (the NBN is likely to be installed soon but the modem delivery hasn't even started) does the monthly billing begin after installation or after I activate the modem? Because I've prepaid the first month's costs and it seems slightly inequitable if the billing was to start then or start when NBN is installed as I can't actually use the Wi-fi without the modem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zwiidoan
Level 3

Hi Riezl, 

My NBN service has been activated successfully, thanks for you help!

Regarding "Service Class 34" classification, I don't think this should be considered as nothing prevents previous tenant/owner of the house to take the NBN box with them, especially when every agent requires the house to be cleaned and empty. 

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Angeli

Hi @isabelzhi 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to pull up your account using your community details. The billing cycle will start after the installation gets completed. We do not have a confirmed schedule of your NBN activation; hence, it is still in progress and timeframe is within 2-30 working days.

The modem is yet to be sent out for delivery though you will receive an email notification once it has been handed over to our courier (Startrack). Modem delivery to metro areas and major towns takes 1 to 2 working days, while the delivery to rural and remote areas takes 2 to 4 working days.

Startrack does not deliver during weekends and holidays. If you are not around to receive the package, they will normally leave a docket at your shipping address so that you can claim the equipment at the nearest post office.

Do not hesitate to let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Angeli_L

zwiidoan
Level 3

Hello,

So I have made paymen, got the modem and this email from TPG "NBN Bundle Installation Confirmed (*******)"

NBN Technology: NBN Fibre To The Curb (FTTC)

You are required to follow the steps below for your service to be activated:

1. TPG will dispatch the required equipment to you
  2. Once you receive the equipment, connect the equipment using the instructions provided
  3. Make sure that all the equipment are switched on
  4. If you need further assistance, visit www.tpg.com.au/support

However, there is no NBN connection box to setup as instructed in https://www.nbnco.com.au/learn/network-technology/fibre-to-the-curb-explained-fttc. How am I supposed to activate my service? Has my billing cycle started even when there is no service?

Regards,

Duy Doan (Customer ID: *******)

Angeli

Hi Duy, 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We've edited your post that contains your customer ID. Please avoid the posting of personal details on the public page e.g. customer ID, telephone numbers and similar pieces of information as they may compromise your account security. 

Your case has been escalated to our Service Provisioning Team and they will be in touch with you within 24 hours via call/SMS for further updates. 

The billing cycle will start once the NBN service is completely installed. 

Best regards!

zwiidoan
Level 3

Thanks Angeli, but there has been no one contacted me, could you please give me an update?

Regards,

Duy Doan

Angeli

Hi Duy, 

We're sorry to hear that you have not receive an update from our service provisioning team regarding your NBN installation. Are you available for a callback today? Can you PM to us your callback number and preferred time to be contacted?

Here is a community article that may be of help when sending a private message via TPG community:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/td-p/4093

We'll be waiting for your private message. Cheers!

Angeli

Hi Duy, 

I've received your private message with your contact details and I've arranged a callback for you with one of our Case Managers tomorrow between 5PM-6PM VIC. 

Kindly let us know if you have not heard from our service provisioning team. 

Have a good night and best regards!

Angeli_L

isabelzhi
Level 2
Thank you. Also, do you know when I could expect my nbn services to be installed? I was not told an exact date and was given a timeframe of 2-30days, which I think is too vague to be anything of use. It’s been a week since I’ve ordered the package and despite the install inquiry site telling me there’s an option of rescheduling the appointment(hasn’t even received a schedule but sure) I clicked through everything and it only lead me to this. Can you please help?
zwiidoan
Level 3

Hi Angeli,

I did not receive any call yesterday. It has been 2 weeks since I made the payment. Not sure why should it take this long to install/activate an internet service. I may end up have to upgrade SIM Data Plan to use hotspot while waiting for internet service, which totally defeat TPG's price competitive advantage

Regards,

Duy Doan.

Riezl

Hi @isabelzhi, as per checking, your address is classified by NBN Co. to be on Service Class 24, which means that it is NBN Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) serviceable, the drop, wall/coaxial outlet and the NTD/NBN Black Box is in place. This also means that your service will be remotely activated once we detect that the NTD/Black Box is connected to the coaxial outlet and the TPG modem is connected to the UNI-D Port of the NTD/Black Box.

This community article can help you with the set up: NBN Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (NBN HFC) Setup Guide

Let us know once you've set up the equipment properly. Thank you.