TPG Community

Get online support

Why is my NBN installation taking so long?

vtortorella6
Level 2

I ordered my NBN installation 2nd Feb, it is now the end of Feb and my installation is still in progress.

You have taken payment but I still don't have a service as per the contract.

Please explain to me what exactly needs to happen during installation and what the service provider NBNco needs to actually do?

Is someone supposed to manually connect lines up like something they did back in 1942?

I've had numerous NBN technicians come and 'set things up' ready so that I can access NBN... so explain to me why it takes more than a month to 'plug in' to an internet service. 

8 REPLIES 8
Angeli

Hi @vtortorella6

NBN service activation usually takes less than 10 business days to activate though it can take longer for some cases. In order for me to check your order status, kindly PM your TPG account details. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

vtortorella6
Level 2

Ok, I have messaged you my details.

I would like a public response however. Thanks.

Angeli

Hi @vtortorella6

Thanks for confirming your account username. Kindly confirm if you have provided your NTD's MAC and Serial number with our Service Delivery Team. This information is required to progress the service activation. If you are to provide the details here, please send it privately. 

Cheers!

vtortorella6
Level 2

I'm sorry, you want me to provide what? NTD's MAC and Serial number ??

Are you saying that it is my fault that the progress is being held up? I don't think so...

If someone is collect NTD's MAC and Serial numbers from somehwere, no one has contacted me about such information. I wouldn't know where to obtain it. Can you please confirm internally what is going on before requesting me for information that I am not aware of.

Angeli

That is the information being required by NBN co., to progress the order. You can also send it to nbnorders@tpg.com.au directly. Let me know if you require further help.

vtortorella6
Level 2

Why has no one given me instructions, I am having to keep calling and messaging you about this.

I have called repeatedly and repeatedly given serial numbers, you keep telling me that my 'service will be active shortly and I should receive an SMS when it is acitve in 30 mins' - I have been told that 3 times and still I receive no texts. 

Why do I have to keep calling to progress my installation? This is not good service at all. I am incredibly disappointed. 

vtortorella6
Level 2

Also, if it was part of the 'process' why was it not emailed to me saying that I must supply serial numbers? This is now a joke.

@Angeli wrote:

That is the information being required by NBN co., to progress the order. You can also send it to nbnorders@tpg.com.au directly. Let me know if you require further help.

BasilDV

Hi @vtortorella6

We understand that your NBN service is now online and working within specification.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV