TPG Community

Get online support

Will my new NBN service ever work?

unhappy8764
Level 2

Hi we signed up for a TPG NBN service on 7 Feb.  We received the modem on 16 Feb.  Discovered we needed a new NBN box on 20 Feb.  Received the new NBN box on 24 Feb.  Received an email from TPG saying our service is good to go on 24 Feb.  Plugged everything in as directed.  4 lights on the nbn box 5 lights on the modem but NO INTERNET LIGHT.  Did trouble shooting on the phone with TPG that day.  They couldn't fix it and said we needed an NBN technician to come to the premises but they don't know when that will be.  Tried contacting NBN Co but they won't go near these issues with a stick.  Tried calling TPG today to cancel the service as we'd be better of with a 5G wireless service from someone else.  They want to charge me $150 to cancel as service that DOES NOT EVEN WORK YET.  They said they would refer me to someone who could help me fix it.  That person was very nice but said they had to refer me to someone else.  The next person was nice too but they said they had to refer me to someone else.  They put my call through to someone else and it range twice before the call just cut out.   We WOULD NEVER have signed on to TPG if we had known we would get this sort of run around. Surely it is just a simple matter of changing some settings or firmware in the NBN box or the modem!?  Why do they have to send someone out for that? Why can't they walk us through how to do it over the phone or do it remotely?  VERY DISPPOINTED.  My son needs internet for his new Uni course that started last week and despite us getting the ball rolling on 7 Feb, we STILL DON'T HAVE INTERNET!!  Unhappy.  

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @unhappy8764, we apologise for the trouble this has caused you and we are sorry to know that you are considering cancelling the service. We'd like to look into this and check what can be done to turn things around. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community