TPG Community

Get online support

cannot get help via chat

SOLVED Go to solution
meowinternet
Level 2

Hi

I'm unable to get help via chat, I have tried several times over the last few days.

Each conversation ends 1 of 2 ways:

1. chat ends with "Support staff member has closed this chat" before any interaction begins.

2. i'm told i need to be a transferred to an nbn case manager, after varying times waiting the chat is closed, I have never been sucessfully transferred.

I understand your operations are impacted servely by the coronavirus and that is out of all our control.

As such this isn't a complaint, since given the cirumstances things are understandable, I just want to know how I can proceed to get help for my nbn setup though.

Also I think there is an issue with transferring users on chat.

I received a sms yesterday adivisng my NBN was ready for activiation and to plug my gear in.

I have had the NCD plugged in since yesterday, both the power and connection lights are on solid blue.

The DSL and LAN lights are both off.

There are no other devices or filteres plugged in.

I am using the same outlet my adsl was on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
meowinternet
Level 2

So in case anyone else is wondering, my advise is to not wait too long in case you simply received your sms early.

I finally got a hold of support earlier this week and a tech was out this morning.

In my case they had connected the wrong port :\

(as in in the pit, not i had plugged the modem in wrong)

Anyway all fixed now, and the tech was really nice.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
blackhat88
Level 4

Some other people got the text message as well. Apparently it wasn't ready for them. Try tracking your order here: https://www.tpg.com.au/support/trackmyorder

meowinternet
Level 2

My status has been on " Your installation is progressing." the entire time.

Does this change when your nbn gets activiated?

blackhat88
Level 4

I think so. I asked the online chat support team why they send text messages even though customers aren't yet ready to be connected. They purposely avoided that question and said: "NBN installation usually takes within 10working days but might take longer depending on some cases."

Eventually when you can use the NBN, it will say: "Good news! Your service has been installed and is ready for use!"

blackhat88
Level 4

Keep it plugged in in the meantime and if you are on iOS, TPG has an app called My TPG. You can check your internet speed (when you have NBN already) and connection status (to see if there are any faults).

meowinternet
Level 2

So in case anyone else is wondering, my advise is to not wait too long in case you simply received your sms early.

I finally got a hold of support earlier this week and a tech was out this morning.

In my case they had connected the wrong port :\

(as in in the pit, not i had plugged the modem in wrong)

Anyway all fixed now, and the tech was really nice.

Gerardnewbery22
Level 2
Normally TPG deliver an nbn modem to the premises, but not this time
Gerardnewbery22
Level 2
Am I just supposed to sit and wait, or is this not working
meowinternet
Level 2

TPG should deliver you a NCD and router if you are FTTC which was how it worked for me.

The NCD is a NBN branded modem, but it was shipped in the same parcel from tpg along with a custom tplink tpg router.