TPG Community

Get online support

Cancelling mobile with effect from end of billing cycle

crd33
Level 2

So i phoned TPG to cancel my service with effect from the end of the current billing cycle (I am planning to port to another service).  As i have paid for my service to run to 16 May I want to be able to use my phone with TPG until that time.

However the operative could only advised two options -both not reasonable.  One was to port out at the end of the contract, but I would still be debited for the next months fee which I could request be refunded but at the cost of an $11 admin fee.  The second was to port out one week early (9th May) - meaning i can't use 25% ofthe contract I have paid for.

How is either of these options reasonable? - I have used a number of different mobile service providers and not one of them operates in this unfair manner.

Have I been misinformed or is there a way around this?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @crd33 ,

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd like to help clarify this information to better understand the situation shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@crd33 wrote:

So i phoned TPG to cancel my service with effect from the end of the current billing cycle (I am planning to port to another service).  As i have paid for my service to run to 16 May I want to be able to use my phone with TPG until that time.

However the operative could only advised two options -both not reasonable.  One was to port out at the end of the contract, but I would still be debited for the next months fee which I could request be refunded but at the cost of an $11 admin fee.  The second was to port out one week early (9th May) - meaning i can't use 25% ofthe contract I have paid for.

How is either of these options reasonable? - I have used a number of different mobile service providers and not one of them operates in this unfair manner.

Have I been misinformed or is there a way around this?