TPG Community

Get online support

Cannot send but can receive SMS on TPG Mobile - Unable to update SMSC number on Android Pie

gmakosyd
Level 3

Hi, I've searched the boards and have been unable to find a solution to sending SMS with the TPG Sim card on a recent purchase of a Nokia 7 Plus running Android Pie. I have used the following steps to get to section to update the SMSC number, which is successful, however I am unable to update.

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Phone.
  3. Type *#*#4636#*#*.
  4. Tap Phone information.
  5. Scroll down to SMSC.
  6. Enter the relevant SMSC number in the input field, then tap Update.

First I should mention, once I'm in Phone info, the first section not selected is "Set preferred network type". It is set to 'unknown'. Pls. advise the correct setting, for example, is it TD-SCDMA only, is it LTE/TD-SCDMA? Those are only two options of very many options to select and I have no idea which to select (there is no 'auto' option).

Further down the Phone info section, I come the SMSC section which is not filled in. So I type in +61415011501 and click Update. The value I typed in is replaced with 'update error'. Clicking Refresh fills the SMSC field with "+61415011501",145.

This does not solve the problem and I am still unable to send SMS.

Further down Phone info, Mobile info refresh rate is disabled.

Please help!!!!!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi gmakosyd,

We have replied to your other post located here:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/SIM-Only-Plans/Cannot-send-receive-SMS-on-TPG-Mobile-Unable-to-updat...

See you there!