TPG Community

Get online support

Cant send email. Says user is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse

SOLVED Go to solution
mlewin
Level 2

I have tried suggestion on changing password but same thing. I read on what causes this and I have been using a VPN which they said might be one of the causes. Can TPG reset it and in future I will be more aware not to use VPN when checking emails.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mlewin
Level 2

the moderator reset mine as had tried to reset password but didnt work. Mine is all good now. I wont use a vpn when ehecking email from now on

Cheers

Mark

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Riezl

Hi @mlewin,

For customers who are getting this kind of error when sending emails, we have created this article that may help in resolving the issue.

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP

In your case, since you have already tried to change the password, we have remotely removed the ban and you will need to wait for 30 minutes for this changes to take effect.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

theheartofjapan
Level 3

I'm experiencing this too.

I reset my password and that didn't work.

So I fiddled with the email settings and now I can't receive emails via my client either (Thunderbird).

Please advise what I need to do from here.

theheartofjapan
Level 3

Finally fixed my incoming email. Still can't send. Now several hours after changing password.

theheartofjapan
Level 3

Still not sending. Can you please please fix this manually?

Shane

Hi @theheartofjapan,

Welcome to the community!

If you're unable to to send an email using a 3rd party e-mail client. Please ensure that the e-mail settings is properly configure, you may visit this for more details. https://www.tpg.com.au/support/emailsetting.

Note: You need to use TPG's outgoing email server if the device(s) used is connected to TPG's network. In the event that you're connected to a different Network/ISP you have to identify and update the outgoing mail server provided by the ISP.

Regards,

theheartofjapan
Level 3

Setting are okay Shane. Message says I'm banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse.

I've changed the password but still can't send.

mlewin
Level 2

the moderator reset mine as had tried to reset password but didnt work. Mine is all good now. I wont use a vpn when ehecking email from now on

Cheers

Mark

theheartofjapan
Level 3

That's what I'm hoping for, and have requested.

Just waiting. Takes them awhile to check and resppond it seems.

theheartofjapan
Level 3

Is there some other way I can get some support on this?