TPG Community

Get online support

Email service transfer

lynollie1
Level 2

I'm a little confused about the information provided about the transfer. I have read all the provided information from TPG and am unclear about a number of points. Can you please clarify?

1. I have many bills and accounts linked electronically to my TPG email account. I can't remember all the accounts listed as it could be in the 100s. If I transfer my email account as suggested, what happens to those linked accounts? Do I have to individually contact each linked company or will the current email address continue to be active? 
2. Will the new company provide support with changing linked email accounts to a new address? For example, when an email comes in, send and automated message saying this account has been updated to new address.

3. Am I understanding correctly that there will be no reduction in my TPG monthly fees, but that as of September 2024, we will be charged additional fees for the new email service and you can't provide details of what those fees may be?

4. I understand that new TPG emails can no longer be created,but how long will our current TPG email addresses remain active if we don't transfer to the new email company? 

While I understand that this is probably a management decision made for financial reason, to treat long term customers to such a massive change is incredibly inconvenient and time consuming for your current clients.

Your replies with be important in assisting me to decide whether I keep my TPG account or whether I transfer to another company with a better service and price. If I have to change my email address, I might as well change my ISP provider at the same time.

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @lynollie1 

1. I have many bills and accounts linked electronically to my TPG email account. I can't remember all the accounts listed as it could be in the 100s. If I transfer my email account as suggested, what happens to those linked accounts? Do I have to individually contact each linked company or will the current email address continue to be active? 

- If you agree to relocate the service with TMC, your email address will remain the same. There is no need to contact the companies associated with it because the only difference will be the provider.

2. Will the new company provide support with changing linked email accounts to a new address? For example, when an email comes in, send and automated message saying this account has been updated to new address.

- As indicated in answer #1, there is no need.

3. Am I understanding correctly that there will be no reduction in my TPG monthly fees, but that as of September 2024, we will be charged additional fees for the new email service and you can't provide details of what those fees may be?

- The monthly rates will remain unchanged. Yes, TMC will be the one to notify you of the forthcoming email service fee on or before September 2024.

4. I understand that new TPG emails can no longer be created, but how long will our current TPG email addresses remain active if we don't transfer to the new email company? 

- Could you send us a private message and attach a screenshot of the notification you received regarding the transfer? As we know that there's a date based on when the notification was sent.

BasilDV