Esim?

Inlfwetrust
Level 2
Hello, is TPG going to implement esim soon? Do you have any updates?
10 REPLIES 10
Shane

We are also excited to provide eSIMs to our customers however, we don't have any update at the moment on when it is going to be available.

Please keep on visiting our website (http://tpg.com.au) for further updates. 

Regards,

Hello, is TPG going to implement esim soon? Do you have any updates?

Gpt1plon
Level 2
Hello,

Where are we with esim and wearables?
Optus and it’s mvno are offering them now.. will move there unless TPG provide timeline.
Angeli

Hi @Gpt1plon

We don't have any info on when the e-SIM will be offered. Follow our social media accounts for future announcements. Cheers!

Inlfwetrust
Level 2

+ 1, I am thinking of changing TPG to some other operator with esim. 

Angeli

Hi @Inlfwetrust

We believe that our mobile plans are way affordable though like we mention above, you can follow our social media accounts for future announcements. 

MMT
Level 2
Level 2

Hi there TPG, it seems you no longer value your TPG mobile customers nor community, which is disappointing. 

1. All major phone manufacturers have been supporting eSIM's for several years, atleast for 2-3 years.  TPG know about this and have been dragging its feet.  Apple's new iphones have been launched, and they exclusively only support e-SIM's, no longer use physical SIM's.  Meaning, this will mean TPG will not longer be able to support customers with new Apple devices.  I concur with other TPG customers, that we'll have to cancel and move all our mobile plans and home accounts to other providers if it does not provide an update and firm date when it can make e-SIM's available for TPG mobile customers. 

2. TPG's claim that it supports e-SIM is misleading, at best.  Be careful, because ACCC will be monitoring all telco's with making misleading statements.  On one hand, TPG says you're "excited to provide eSIM's".  But, on the other hand is TPG cannot confirm when it will be available.   In fact, we have checked with TPG mobile support, received written confirmation from TPG mobile support team that TPG does NOT support e-SIM's.  

jamiemurray936
Level 2
Just signed up to your mobile plan as a long term TPG broadband user. Please tell me you now have esim available so I can still use my iwatch?
Angeli

Hi @jamiemurray936

At the moment, we do not offer eSIM though when this becomes available, we'll definitely post it in our social media platforms and website. 

Regards, 

Angeli

Davidatntl
Level 2
Hi Angeli, Is there any sort of a timeframe you can offer for when esims will be available? We are all tired of waiting for this tech which is available in many other places.
Cheers.