TPG Community

Get online support

Global roaming refund

JQ
Level 2
Level 2
No one from TPG seems to be able to provide a clear understanding of how the global roaming refund will be returned to me.
I have emails from multiple representatives from TPG, who all provide a different answer - extremely disappointing.
Have asked for the matter to be escalated to a manager and simply no response.

Extract from my most recent email to TPG:
Based on the emails I have (from multiple TPG representatives on this matter). I have been advised:
  • my service is scheduled to end on 19 August 2020
  • the roaming credit will be credited into my account (after 30 days from deactivation) due on 18 August 2020
  • the credit will be to my online TPG account and NOT to my credit card
  • but upon service ending (19 Aug), I will no longer be able to access my account online TPG account to arrange transfer of funds to my own bank account
  • so basically, I have 1 business day between the time I'm expecting the credit into my online TPG account to access and transfer the funds to my bank, otherwise I won't be able to access my online TPG after the service ends on 19 Aug

Sent: Friday, 14 August 2020 7:25 AM
To: <email removed>
Subject: Re: Request for cancellation of mobile service 0405XXXXXX

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your response.

Please be advised that the roaming credit will not be credited into your account after 30 days thus it will be credited to your TPG account.

Please be informed that once the credit is on your TPG account that's the time we can refund it back to you.

Kindly note that the 30th day will be on 18/08/2020.

Please let us know if you have other concerns.

Regards,

Gilbert | MobileSupport | UserID: 16023
T 13 14 23 | F 02 9850 0813
www.tpg.com.au
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @JQ,

Thanks for raising this to us. The entire unused Prepaid Balance amount it will be credited back to your account 30 days after you have deactivated International Roaming. As stated in the email today (18/08/2020) is the 30th day the credit must be on the account now and the refund should be processed today, please send me your account details (Customer ID together with the mobile number) and we'll chase this with our Mobile Team for urgent handling also include the e-mail address we can use to contact you.

In case you need a reference:

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,