TPG Community

Get online support

Imessage Activation Issues

SOLVED Go to solution
chelseadp
Level 2

Hi, 

I recently ported over from Telstra. There is an error with the activation of iMessage, when I access settings>messages>imessage, the following message appears "activation unsuccessful. Turn on iMessage to try again". Every time I follow this instruction the same error message appears. I cannot select my phone number to "receive iMessages to and reply from". Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Angeli

Hi @chelseadp,

I've checked your mobile service status using your community details and can confirm that it is on active state. Thus, your iMessage should be activated. Kindly ensure that your mobile data is enabled if activating thru our network. Have you tried to activate it using a WiFi connection?

Regards,

Angeli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Angeli

Hi @chelseadp,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We recommend that you contact your phone manufacturer regarding your phone service issue. Let us know if need further help.

Regards,

Angeli

chelseadp
Level 2

Hi Angeli,

I contacted Apple and they told me to contact TPG. When I was with Telstra I did not have this issue so I definitely believe its a TPG issue. Additionally, I have seen other people in the communtiy have had this issue. 
chelseadp
Level 2

Just adding to my previous message. Please see screenshots of the other threads that have had the same issue as me. The resolution was not posted but it appears to have escalated. Please advise. 

Angeli

Hi @chelseadp,

I've checked your mobile service status using your community details and can confirm that it is on active state. Thus, your iMessage should be activated. Kindly ensure that your mobile data is enabled if activating thru our network. Have you tried to activate it using a WiFi connection?

Regards,

Angeli