TPG Community

Get online support

Incoming callls and text not activated

shaileshb
Level 2
Hi
I activated my sim on Sunday 19/6/22 at 12pm and number was ported. My old sim got deactivated instantly but new sim does not have incoming calls and text activated for 3 days now. I have called 3 times and they say we have forwarded to technical team and are monitoring it. I have also emailed twice with no response.
How can you deactivate old sim and not activate new sim for incoming calls. This number had been out of service for 3 days. I have this no for my daughter and she cannot be contacted because of your incompetency. This is very frustrating and fraud on your part.
Can you activate incoming calls and text ASAP. Or tell me the reason why you cannot.
Thanks
Shailesh
6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @shaileshb

We'd like to review the case and provide you with the update if available.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

JJW
Level 3
Level 3
i have exactly same problem after activate my sim card last night, now all incoming calls were barred due to" i have incoming call restrictions", now i believe its not my fault (mistakenly changed phone settings etc)
Daisy_Dhen

Welcome to TPG Community @JJW 

Shoot me a private message with your TPG customer ID or username together with the mobile so we can check the status of your service. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

Dhen_S

JJW
Level 3
Level 3
PM sent to you Dhen_S. urgent and important matter for me, hope you can solve it quickly
shaileshb
Level 2
It took TPG 5 days to port in my number and you kept my number hostage. As soon as incoming started I ported out to another carrier and you charged me $11 port out fee. I had to spend $30 to get a temporary number to keep connected. I spent $56 for you to activate my service and them port out while you kept my number hostage for 5 days.
I want $56 refunded for your incompetency, mismanagement, fraud and keeping my number hostage for 5 days and giving me anxiety and keep me disconnected for 5 days.
NOT HAPPY AT ALL.
Shane

Hi Widanage.

We will coordinate this with our Mobile Team to investigate the situation and understand the charges on the account. Please send us a PM with your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow.

How to send a PM? https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093.

It took TPG 5 days to port in my number and you kept my number hostage. As soon as incoming started I ported out to another carrier and you charged me $11 port out fee. I had to spend $30 to get a temporary number to keep connected. I spent $56 for you to activate my service and them port out while you kept my number hostage for 5 days.
I want $56 refunded for your incompetency, mismanagement, fraud and keeping my number hostage for 5 days and giving me anxiety and keep me disconnected for 5 days.
NOT HAPPY AT ALL.