TPG Community

Get online support

International call issues

Fashionablemum
Level 2

I can't contact my father overseas since January 15, 2021. At the beginning of my plan I was still able to make an international call to the Philippines but Im only able to talk for exact 7mins, then the call drops.  I had to redial and see if I could get in and if I did will take 7 mins again and drop again...until mid January I was trying to contact them...It started going to some sort of answering magcine advertisements about some clinic, about cakes etc..., then now I tried to make the call to see if it's been fixed since its almost a week now when I asked for help at tpg but  it said "your call couldn't be connected, pls check the number and try again."
How is it possibly wrong number when I spoke to them through messenger video call and they didn't change their number and they even called me with their number. They could call me using their number but I can't make the outgoing international call to them???...I tried some family's number and said the same thing. But tried one of my friends one and it was ringing.  It's a mobile number, with my mobile plan I'm supposed to be able to contact the Philippines coz it's included in my plan which covers international calls. This is so annoying, it's wasting a lot of my time trying to sort this problem and nothing is happening...I'm paying for this service but I can't access it in times I needed to make the call. I've already called the tpg customer service hotline last week and they said they'll sort it out,  but will take 2 days, and never received a call or anything.  Only now, I received your text and it's not even fixed at all. We are so disappointed that I have to keep on chasing things up about the services we have with you...NBN, Home phone, and mobile phone service.  It's like every couple or 3 mos there's some kind of error/technical difficulties.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Fashionablemum ,

Thanks for raising this to us, we're sad to know that you're having issues making international call, we'd love to help and get to the bottom of this. To better understand the situation please send me your account details (Username/Customer ID) together with the address on file, also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@Fashionablemum wrote:

I can't contact my father overseas since January 15, 2021. At the beginning of my plan I was still able to make an international call to the Philippines but Im only able to talk for exact 7mins, then the call drops.  I had to redial and see if I could get in and if I did will take 7 mins again and drop again...until mid January I was trying to contact them...It started going to some sort of answering magcine advertisements about some clinic, about cakes etc..., then now I tried to make the call to see if it's been fixed since its almost a week now when I asked for help at tpg but  it said "your call couldn't be connected, pls check the number and try again."
How is it possibly wrong number when I spoke to them through messenger video call and they didn't change their number and they even called me with their number. They could call me using their number but I can't make the outgoing international call to them???...I tried some family's number and said the same thing. But tried one of my friends one and it was ringing.  It's a mobile number, with my mobile plan I'm supposed to be able to contact the Philippines coz it's included in my plan which covers international calls. This is so annoying, it's wasting a lot of my time trying to sort this problem and nothing is happening...I'm paying for this service but I can't access it in times I needed to make the call. I've already called the tpg customer service hotline last week and they said they'll sort it out,  but will take 2 days, and never received a call or anything.  Only now, I received your text and it's not even fixed at all. We are so disappointed that I have to keep on chasing things up about the services we have with you...NBN, Home phone, and mobile phone service.  It's like every couple or 3 mos there's some kind of error/technical difficulties.