TPG Community

Get online support

International roaming not working

squizsfone
Level 2
Hi TPG,
I received an email when I entered the USA letting me know I have roaming and costs involved.
Though I am unable to send texts or make calls. I reset the roaming in my account again......( Probably debiting $500.....again!?!)
Since resetting days ago I have turned off and rebooted me phone numerous occasions. I have ensured the numbers have country code correct. Also that roaming is initiated within my phone settings.
Please HELP!
4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @squizsfone,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We recommend having a read of this community article, which can help you with this query:

How to activate International Roaming

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/SIM-Only-Plans/How-to-activate-International-Roaming/td-p/5156

We have located an account using your community details, but we can see 2 active mobile numbers. Can you PM us the mobile service number you're referring to?

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

Shane

Hi @squizsfone,

Thanks for sending us additional details. Based on the records, roaming is already active in this mobile way back in 2017. (Possible the roaming was not being switched it off)

Please try to manually select a foreign network on the phone.

Step 1: Go to settings > Wireless and networks > More networks / Mobile networks > Network operators (The phone will automatically search for any available networks overseas)

Step 2: Once it listed down the available networks, click any provider that appears there.

Step 3: Restart the phone.

Let us know how it will go. Cheers!

squizsfone
Level 2
Still no joy!

I tried all available networks and the only that will connect is at&t.

T mobile is the only other that doesn't say ( prohibited) and then comes up in status bar not connected to network.

Tried at&t 4g, 3g & 2g.

Actually going to buy SIM card today.

I'm off on a 5 hour drive with 2 kids....
Riezl

Hi @squizsfone, we have sent you a PM with a resolution to the concerns you have raised.

Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.