TPG Community

Get online support

MMS Group Messaging not working?

LongTimer
Level 2

We recently moved my daughter's TPG sim from her moterola to an iPhone 12 pro, however she has now lost the ability to send or be part of group MMS's (mixed android and iPhone user group messages).
Even if she starts a new group chat, the messages are delivered individually, and replies received individually (more like SMS rather than MMS).

Her MMS is set to on, I have tried every fix suggested online (various MMS, wifi, imessage etc settings on and off and combinations with restarts, and even reset network and reset all settings) to no avail.

We called TPG earlier who said they did a reset of her netwook settings, but this hasn't helped.

Everything I read online including what Apple suggests is that this is a carrier issue (as the carrier needs to support MMS Group Messiaging).

Can anyone confirm if TPG successfully supports group messaging between Android and iPhone users?

If so, do you think we should we call back to try something else (such as having her MMS / messaging removed and reprovisioned on the account?)

Hoping someone can think of something we haven't tried!

2 REPLIES 2
kate_

Hey @LongTimer, let's see if we can get your daughter back in her group chats!

Send me a PM, we'll take a look at what's going on.

LongTimer
Level 2

Thank you for offering to help kate_!  I will do that now!