TPG Community

Get online support

Plan cost has changed without notice

drcool
Level 3

My monthly plan has increased by $5 from $69.99 to $74.99 and I do not recall being told that this was going to happen.  Is that the case that changes are made without any forewarning and if so why?

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

The amounts we pay NBN for use of its network have significantly increased in recent years, as people use more data when they work and study from home.

While we have worked hard to try to continue to absorb these costs, unfortunately it is no longer sustainable to do so. 

All details of the price increase was sent to the email associated with your TPG service. 

So we can make sure you’re on the best plan for your needs, send us a PM and we’ll take a look at your options.

My monthly plan has increased by $5 from $69.99 to $74.99 and I do not recall being told that this was going to happen.  Is that the case that changes are made without any forewarning and if so why?

drcool
Level 3

Thanks for your response. I do understand that costs increase, I just do not remember seeing the email advice. Is it possible that it be resent to me or posted on here please?

Shane

Hi @drcool,

Sure! Could you shoot us a PM with your details so we can check this with our Accounts Team.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Thanks for your response. I do understand that costs increase, I just do not remember seeing the email advice. Is it possible that it be resent to me or posted on here please?

justbrando
Level 2

Yes, I rang TPG yesterday (13/10/2022) questioning the same thing- why the $5 price increase without giving customers notification. Had we been given advance notice we would have had time to shop around and find better deals. The explanation given by TPG call takers that NBN wholesale price has increased thus TPG needed to pass on the price increase to customers- this does not stick and sit well with me. I entered into a specific price contract with TPG and for TPG to be changing price without giving notice- that is down right a breach of contract as far as I am concerned, and why would I be paying for an extra $5 that I did not sign up for? I told the TPG call taker that I will be taking this further to Fair Trading.....

BasilDV

Hi @justbrando

We sent out notifications to our customers regarding the $5 increase.

If you did not receive it, then we may need to investigate it, but the price increase will still be applied.

In order to discuss this further, shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number and will escalate it.

BasilDV