TPG Community

Get online support

SOS only, Phone not allowed

SOLVED Go to solution
Birdie
Level 2

Can someone please tell me why my network is suddenly unavailable, my phone not allowed, and calls SOS only?  I've had the same plan and iphone for years, nothing has changed. I've tried fixing the problem by forced restart, network reset, taking the sim out, putting the phone in and out of aircraft mode, and checking the connection is in auto.  Only the forced restart initially worked but this method also now fails. The phone is an iphone5 (don't laugh) but though old, it's never let me down. Failing fixes, who should I contact for such an issue, TPG, Vodafone or apple?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Birdie
Level 2

Many thanks @Ahra_G for your quick reply.  I tried all the suggested fixes to no avail so I rang TPG.  TPG reset my SIM the following day and now I no longer have a problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @Birdie

This article should help you in solving most of the issues if you are getting poor coverage, no coverage, device is displaying emergency calls only, no service or SOS.

No Mobile Network Coverage? 

If the issue persists, let us have your Customer ID or mobile number via private message in order for us to assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ahra_G

Birdie
Level 2

Many thanks @Ahra_G for your quick reply.  I tried all the suggested fixes to no avail so I rang TPG.  TPG reset my SIM the following day and now I no longer have a problem.

Ahra_G

Glad to know that it's all sorted now @Birdie

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app 

Cheers!