TPG Community

Get online support

Sim plans

rkyuen
Level 2
Hi there,
I have some questions on your 2 specific mobile Sim only plans; 1) 12GB Mobile Plan and 2) 45GB Mobile Plan and hopefully you can help me with.
A) Is it possible to set up in a way that the data stops working once my data allowance reaches its limit and without paying any additional fees for extra data? However, I still have an option to choose to pay for extra data only if I manually pay for the data I need or to recharge my Sim card?
B) Can I disconnect these plans within the first 6 months without any penalties?
C) I currently don't have any Australian mobile number, can I still buy these plans? If so, how? When will I receive the Sim cards? Can I still order these Sim cards now even I won't be back to Australia until next week?
D) Will these plans begin as soon as I activate my new Sim cards or on the date I place the order? How long will it take my phone to work once I have activated my Sim card?
Thank you for your help in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Angeli

Hi @rkyuen

The data usage will be taken out of your monthly included data. If the data usage exceeds your included data, charges will be taken out of your Prepaid Balance. If there is insufficient fund in your prepaid balance, your mobile data will become inactive until your prepaid balance is topped up to a sufficient level. 

We will endeavour to warn you via SMS when you are about to exceed and have exceeded your included plan value amount. TPG displays the information regarding usage to you (via the 'My Account' section of this website) 15 to 30 minutes after you accrue it. You are responsible for any usage irrespective of any warnings.

After 6 months, your monthly plan fees will be charged at the undiscounted monthly price for your chosen plan. If you cancel, suspend or change your plan within the first 6 months, any remaining monthly discounts you have in connection with this offer will be forfeited.

You can get a new mobile number from us. The billing cycle will commence once you activated the SIM card. The SIM activation is a self-service by logging in to My Account.  Moreover, when placing an order, you will be informed of the shipping terms (i.e When the SIM will be sent out, shipping and courier details). 

Let us know if you have further questions.

rkyuen
Level 2
Thanks for your response, Angeli. Yes, I do have further question. I was trying to buy the 12GB and 45GB Sim only plans as stated before. However, they both asked me about my mobile number but I don't have any Australian mobile number yet under "About You" section. I need to get the new numbers for those 2 plans from you guys, so how can I do that? It will be great if you can walk me through the process. Thank you for your help.
BasilDV

Hi @rkyuen

In order to help you process the order, we'd like to arrange a call from our Mobile Sales team.

They'll be able to answer all your queries as well.

Shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted today.

BasilDV

rkyuen
Level 2

Hi there, 
I just ordered a 12Gb data prepaid SIM card under username "xxxxxxx", can you please check it for me if the order has gone through and if it is possible to receive my SIM card by Tuesday tomorrow? Thanks for your help.

BasilDV

Hi @rkyuen

We've edited your post as it contains an account information.

Please avoid posting any account or personal information on a public thread as it may compromise your security.

We checked the order and it is still in progress, the shipping time frame for new TPG SIM orders may take 2 to 5 working days via AusPost.

Have a good day!

BasilDV