TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to receive SMS while roaming with roaming ON unless sent directly from TPG customer care

Temp01
Level 2

Hello, quite an unusual case here. I am currently overseas and made sure that roaming would be enabled before travelling. It is enabled and I was able to receive SMS in the first couple of days overseas. Now I can't anymore. I contacted TPG and they topped up my balance by 10$ and said it should work after an hour or so - unfortunately not. Contacted TPG again but this time my time ran out because it's expensive to call Australia from where I am.

Both times I contacted TPG customer care - they sent one-time verification codes to me and I received both! Howeverm when I try to reset password on the TPG website or use hotmail or my bank website => All of them want to send SMS verification codes but I don't receive any. very odd how I am able to get those SMS from TPG customer care but not from outlook/hotmail/banks or even the TPG website itself. I am using an android and my APN settings are exactly as how they should be from the TPG website. The fact that I was able to receive SMS in the first couple of days and also just now from TPG customer care means that my setting should be correct.

Any idea why I can't receive SMS from websites when I request them myself?

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @Temp01

Aside from OTP codes, were you able to receive normal SMS and calls to your TPG mobile number?

We'd like to review this further as well. Please send us your account details via private message.

BasilDV

Temp01
Level 2

Done. I've PMed you the details. For further information:

I asked my relative in Australia to SMS me and it worked. However, I still cannot receive OTPs from Hotmail/MyGov/TPG Website, etc... I tried putting the sim into both android and iphone and didn't work. So I'm just wondering why I am able to receive SMS from individuals but not from websites when they request OTPs.

Any help appreciated.